Please please please Tooves!!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

effnic

Reserve Grader
Snake should be back against Tigers im guessing.
We need Hiku in the side somewhere!! simple as that.
Since we only use 3 players off the bench anyway, why not put him on the bench to cover any backline injuries during the game. It is such a smart and obvious play.
We cant afford to not have him in the top squad.
He is a first grade player. Leave him in first grade.

What about Jesse?
What about D lui?
What about Kingy?
Or do u drop Wolfman?

Bloody good problem to have IMO! Over to u Tooves...

It seems every single game without fail a player from our backline gets some sort of injury. Would be great to have Hiku slot in and do the job better than most.

Well there is a chance the tigpies are going to be without tedesco and woods.

They lost 4 players to injuries against the warriors. If that is the case, i wouldn't be risking snake for this game.

I doubt Brett will be fit for Sunday, maybe the week after along with Jorge.

Full team when fit is a tough one but if I was choosing the side;

1. Brett Stewart
2. Cheyse Blair (just in front of Wolfy for mine)
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Steve Matai
5. Jorge Taufua
6. Keiran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Jason King (when he has regained match fitness)
9. Matt Ballin
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart
14. Peta Hiku (cover for 1-7 positions)
15. Jamie Burher (cover for 9,11-13 positions)
16. Josh Starling
17. Dunamis Lui

18. Jesse Sene-Lafao (first draft in for a forwards injury)
19. David Williams (first draft in for a backs injury)
20. James Hasson (backup during injury or origin periods)

There is a lesson to learn from our round 1 defeat. We had no backs on the bench, we lost snake and from a dominant and match winning lead we lost a game we should never have lost.

We must have a back on the bench for future games. Our forwards are doing a great job but we need cover for Snake and wolfie and Matai too,

Georgalis said on ABC prior to the game Snake would have played this weekend if it was a Sunday game.He will play this week and we will be a better side for it.He is a superstar.Rewatch RD 1 first half if you doubt it.Best half of football by any side all year.

The way we use(or more like don't use) our 4th interchange forward means Hiku should be an absolute certainty to be in the 17 jumper.

I agree it's not a bad dilemma to be in tho...
And poor Tooves...if he had more hair he may be tearing some out...lol. Go the Eagles!!

I'm not a fan of having a back on the bench "just in case". I know we sometimes run our 4th interchange on less than 10 minutes, but that is generally when we are down on quality. At full forward strength our bench gets fully utilised.

Anyway how would Hiku feel getting splinters for weeks on end if Bretts hammy holds out ?? He doesn't get any game time of a weekend then as NSW Cup is not an option. His only hope of getting a run would be us getting a big lead and brett getting an early shower. That doesn't teach him anything about playing at the top level if he only ever takes the field with 20+ point leads.

Hiku for Wolfie maybe? I agree though, hiku needs to be in the 17. Maybe Blair can be used in the forwards?

Only problem is Hiku is not a winger, We have 3 good wingers.Use them.Sitting on the bench is better than playing on a suburban ground in the rain in front of 2 people.He will get plenty of chances anyway...has anyone noticed that snake has missed a few recently.

I'd like to see Horhey and Blair have a run in the second row. It would really open up option with wing and the bench.

Haz88 said:
Hiku for Blair - simple as that in my book.

We had Hiku on the wing Rd 1. Snake went off, Hiku went to the back and we had no winger to replace him. Matai went to the wing with Horo in the centres. The storm attacked that side and we lost.

Cliffy said:
I'd like to see Horhey and Blair have a run in the second row. It would really open up option with wing and the bench.

Assuming Snake is out, I'd have Hiku at the back with Horhey and Wolfy on the wings... Chase can cover any back's issues (goes to wing and reshuffle the rest to suit) and I also think he's big enough and ugly enough to fill in as a back rower if required. I like the kid, plus he's an ex Bilambil Jet.... So you KNOW he's got ticker :)

And are currently the second top team defensively (by 1pt!) to the Dogs. We are well down in points scored at this juncture... But we've also played the Drizzle, the Rorters and the Wabbits in the first four games of the season. All three of which are (were?) rated much stronger than us by the pundits..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4