Pleasantly surprised

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
I've got to say, given the anti-Manly sentiment in the general rugby league community, I've been pleasantly surprised by the number of friends and co-workers that have contacted me to express their delight at today's court decision. I've had Dragons, Roosters, Panthers and Eels supporters tell me that they are pleased Brett was found to be innocent and can move on. I think this is a testament to Brett and the image he portrays. While people hate Manly, the like Brett Stewart and they talk to me about him with the same regard they talked about Steve Menzies.

im sure if he was found guilty we would have heard about it too ! but yes its good to see people out there are actually pleased !

Shame the plod, medics and initial judge didn't think that way.  Should never have got this far.

NSW tax payers should be up in arms. What a massive waste of money in resources ect. There must be an investigation into why the matter went so far without 'real' evidence against Stewart.
The only real winners are the lawyers and QC's.  

As a journalist (and 45 year Manly fan) I want to commend the trial coverage on this site, there was considerable effort made to remain unbiased and despite a few slips that largely happened. In my experience there are very few winners in court cases, only a judicial resolution of a dispute. I am sure Brett Stewart and his family don't feel like victors, just enormous relief. There has been no win for the complainant or her family, who despite any issues they might have must wonder why they allowed themselves to be convinced to go ahead with a case which was clearly a bit thin and only resulted in matters I am sure they wish were not in the public arena very firmly being there. The losers, well going by the reports on this site anyway, could be identified as the police and the doctors whose slipshod handling of evidence in a case which was always going to attract attention given the profile of a professional sportsman almost beggared belief.
From a fan's point of view we can now hope that Brett Stewart gets mentally sorted and that his knees are 100 percent as what he brings to our side has been sorely missed, and that is in no way a reflection on Ben Farrer or Robb.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6