Plea to get Rabbitohs on the hop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
Plea to get Rabbitohs on the hop
Jason Avedissian

04Sep07

MANLY boss Grant Mayer fears emotional South Sydney fans will ambush their Sea Eagles counterparts in Saturday night's NRL semi-final at Brookvale Oval.

Early ticket sales indicators show Rabbitohs' season ticket holders will out-number Manly fans three to one.

The majority of South Sydney's 2500 season ticket holders have already snapped up seats for Saturday night's final.

Rabbitohs' season ticket fans are entitled to one reserve seat per ticket, plus two general admission tickets, ensuring at least 7500 Souths supporters will be there.

Mayer said with just 1200 Sea Eagles season ticket holders, Manly are facing the genuine prospect of being out-numbered.

``I'm gutted that already we are out-numbered at our own ground,'' the Sea Eagles CEO said. ``I want as many people to get tickets as possible this morning because Fortress Brookie is very important to us.''

Manly prop Jason King was stunned when told Rabbitohs fans were leading the race for tickets.

``This is what we've been striving for all year . . . a home semi,'' he said.

``On behalf of all the players, I urge all fans to purchase tickets to support the mighty Eagles.''

Supporters of both clubs yesterday inundated their official websites, calling on fans to buy tickets.

``Every ticket we buy is one less they can get,'' one Manly fan wrote.

``We need to make this a true home game for the boys.

``Get your tickets and play your part in giving the team every possible chance.''

Staunch Sea Eagles fan Michelle Bruzzano, mother of Kayla, 5, and Beau, 3, said kick-off on Saturday night can't come around quick enough for her family.

``We've been waiting a very long time for a home (semi) final so we're going to make the most of it,'' she said.

``There's going to be a great crowd there so the atmosphere should be amazing.

``Hopefully we can help get the boys over the line.''

General admission tickets go on sale from 9am today. Fans can purchase tickets through Sea Eagles headquarters at Narrabeen, or Ticketek on www.ticketek.com.au. Supporters can buy a maximum of eight tickets each.

The system is floored.

It should be 75% of tickets go to the home team 25% to souths. If not all are sold 3 days before the event they are thrown out for anyone who wants to go.

yeah a bit like the EPL.. they give the away teams a set number of allocated seats 1500-3000 in their case with huge stadiums.

Manly fans though got to snap them up quick.. you cant just rock up to the ground for a semi final.

I'll never foget watching The Rabbits versus Manly last year @ Brooky. I got there early to watch Jersey Fleg as I do, and this little old lady dressed up in her Souths scarf, jersey, socks - you know - the works. She laid her blanket down on the bench, and sat very quietly, eating her home made sandwhich, pulling out a magazine with a Souths player on the front. She didn't even watch the game.

Well, Jersey Flegg played. Premier League played, and still, this lovely little 70+ lady sat there quietly enjoying glimpses of the games.

Premier League finished, and all was quiet....until the Rabbits players ran on for their warm up.

This little old lady jumped off her bench, slammed the fence, and exploded with,

"Come on you Fcuking Cnuts !!! Kill these bastadrs !!!"

WTF !!! I have to say...it was one of the biggest shocks of my life. She was rabbid (no pun intneded throughout the game) - absolutely a disgrace to the human race.

I'll never foget watching The Rabbits versus Manly last year @ Brooky. I got there early to watch Jersey Fleg as I do, and this little old lady dressed up in her Souths scarf, jersey, socks - you know - the works. She laid her blanket down on the bench, and sat very quietly, eating her home made sandwhich, pulling out a magazine with a Souths player on the front. She didn't even watch the game.

Well, Jersey Flegg played. Premier League played, and still, this lovely little 70+ lady sat there quietly enjoying glimpses of the games.

Premier League finished, and all was quiet....until the Rabbits players ran on for their warm up.

This little old lady jumped off her bench, slammed the fence, and exploded with,

\"Come on you Fcuking Cnuts !!! Kill these bastadrs !!!\"

WTF !!! I have to say...it was one of the biggest shocks of my life. She was rabbid (no pun intneded throughout the game) - absolutely a disgrace to the human race.

Classic!!

Admittedly I'm a prude...but DAAaAng....it reminded me of that old cartoon where Tweety would drink Jeckyl and Hydes potion, and become a heaving monster.

I'm glad I didn't take my boy with me !!

Why worry about how many souths supporters there are at the ground. It just means more that have to sit through an absolute pasting by Manly.

It is a long way home to Redfern after a 30 point flogging.

I will never forget sitting next to Ryan one game whilst some feral yelled out pretty much the same as above. Ryan turns around and says "Will you marry me"

GOLD

In typical style, Manly fans believe it's their right to turn up 5 minutes before first grade kick off, buy a ticket & walk straight into a position directly on the 50m line.
Wankers.

believe it or not Duff, some of us have lives

Hey Dan, I can't make it, bloody wedding.
But I don't see how having a life stops you pre-purchasing a ticket. And if you've got to do something other than get on the grog at six o'clock on a Saturday evening, it's not much of a life, more like a life sentence.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6