players who also excel in other fields

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I wondered about this after stumbling on the fact that Syd Fischer OBE, famous as one of Australia's foremost yachtsmen in Admiral's Cup, Sydney to Hobart and America's Cup Competition, was a Manly junior who played for us in 1949 & 1952.

(Like a few others this topic could be considered trivia but there isn't much happening at the moment! )

Toovey is one of the most brilliant accountants this country has ever produced. We will never have a salary cap issue with Tooves in charge.

manlyfan76 said:
R.Bull, Bonds model?

That was max whitehead.

Elsegood - ute racing
Rex- tv personality

Maddelena- restaurateur
O'connor- cat food bowl innovator (my personal fave)

Rex Mossop - Rugby Union and TV
Paul Vautin - TV
Jack Elsegood - Car Racing
Max Whitehead - Chesty Bonds Model
Dave Williams - Model and Amateur Theatre
Geoff Toovey - NRMA Board

mozgrame said:
Toovey is one of the most brilliant accountants this country has ever produced. We will never have a salary cap issue with Tooves in charge.
Hey buddy I know he's an accountant but never heard that can u fill us in where u got that info from?

Beaver is some golfer

John Hopoate amateur proctologist ....... Damn! eagles2win beat me to it :p
Terry Hill - Lobster fisherman.

eagles2win said:
Moondog said:
Chris Close former Garbologist.

Crusher did this as well

Wombat built houses on the Gold Coast (worked with my old man)
Yeah, I was also a Sanitation Engineer in those days, worked for the same mob. Went surfing during the day, pub when the sun went down, started work at midnight and got some sleep on the way out to the tip. ( It worked for a while).

Tom Mooney. Many hotels in the Byron area. Started with the Railway Hotel and expanded to own others in Byron, Brunswick Hds and Bangalow.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2