Players we need to punt ......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's true our 08 side had some real no frills type of players that really had a go especially in the pigs. Complemented by Choc and gift who were absolutely on fire though in 08. They were coming into the peak of their careers.

Hate to say it but i honestly think Lyon can't keep up and it should be his last year.

R U Farken jokin!
Don't let age fool you.
He could be on an a-frame and he'd still be one of our best.

What people are forgetting is that we will have a NSW cup team regardless of who stays and who goes. Vave, Baker, Sao, Andrews, Leary etc are all on comparitively small money, and if they go, we will have another similar player stepping into their mould on exactly the same coin.

The players that we actually need to punt are the guys who have been signed up to be genuine first graders but aren't up to it. Our genuine full time props are Starling, Lawrence, Mason, Burgess, Sene-lefao. Realistically that's the worst forward pack in the NRL by a mile. Our backrow is Buhrer, Mateo, Symonds, Lui; again that's gotta be up there as one of the worst in the comp too. We need to move these guys on and replace them with quality players.

Yeah I worry about our forwards. We have lost kite, king, watmough, gift, Richie, George rose since we made the gf in 2013.

We've keep horo, Tom symonds, ballin and buhrer.

I have prob missed someone hete

Choc was small, Jake T is small so I think the heart is where it is at. Toovey and Dave must have seen something that we "amateurs" have not?

You think Jake T is small? I don't think he is the tallest prop, but he is very solid. I believe the current physical terminology would be that he is very thick.

I'm really not sure what our pack needs, but I'm sure it would look a lot better if they did the little things a bit better. I've said this in other threads but I think most of our defensive problems could go a long way to being fixed if the tacklers worked a bit harder. They are getting beat to their feet and its leaving the dummy half free of pressure and that first off the ruck hitup either extremely easy or heap of time available for a play maker. Its a mental thing, they think their job is done but it only takes one lapse, especially early in the set and you can put a team under all sorts of pressure and thats what happening to our line. They are making inroads around the ruck and the rest of the line falls apart. And because we haven't been able to apply that pressure, our defensive line is unable to do the modern things and rush up (of which I think most sides go too early and aren't penalised anywhere near enough). We blame wingers for poor reads (and there is some of that), but the problems are happening inside them and tackles before. If they just worked on that I can see an improvement across the board happening almost immediately.

Of the possibles I can come up with.

Cheyse Blair - Safe under the high ball, strong runner of the ball, but no speed and struggles with defensive positioning on the wing. Personally I think he'd make a better centre than winger.

Chee Kam - Hyped up when he arrived but has done nothing since.

James Hasson - Might go ok in NSW or Qld Cups, or even the ESL, but he's not NRL standard.

The Wolfman - Sorry to say that if the club isn't willing to play him in first grade, even after the amount of injuries we've had, then why waste cap space on him? Personally I would love to see the Wolf out there for us but I think its becoming obvious that it won't happen unless there is no other choice.

Times are tough right now. They will improve though.

You think Jake T is small? I don't think he is the tallest prop, but he is very solid. I believe the current physical terminology would be that he is very thick.
Compared to say the Burgess brothers, yes. I was making the point that he is not a giant like some around here are calling for to add "aggression" to our pack.

R U Farken jokin!
Don't let age fool you.
He could be on an a-frame and he'd still be one of our best.

He is trying his guts out and as i said i hope I'm wrong, but he is getting beaten in defence and that skip to the outside of his defender isnt happening now. The mind is there but the body is slowing up. Centres need to be big and full of power or strong and fast. I just don't know where he sits now.

He is trying his guts out and as i said i hope I'm wrong, but he is getting beaten in defence and that skip to the outside of his defender isnt happening now. The mind is there but the body is slowing up. Centres need to be big and full of power or strong and fast. I just don't know where he sits now.
Get him injury free on the outside of some committed halves and behind a good forward pack with no injuries and I guarantee he will still carve up most of his competitors. He's almost been our present day equivalent Ben Kennedy...I don't even want to think about how we are going to replace him when he hangs up his boots.

Leary is that quicker, lighter style forward similar to Buhrer & has potential.
Problem is, without the big boppers who are lacking in 2015 - this style of player can appear very ineffective.
Before punting Vave would give him & his twins a shot, as he can maybe impact the opposition defensive lines more than most others available.....

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2