Players we bought who won you over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Biggest dud signing who turned out to be good?

Craig Innes. I remember the game he played for Leeds against the 1994 Kangaroos - he was exposed badly in that game (though he was not long out of playing union). Then he never really did much when in Perth. But at Manly he won a premiership and proved to be a very good player. Like most Kiwi's around that time he could kick goals too, though when we had Ridge we didn't need the Innes left boot.

Biggest dud signing who lived up to that?

Craig Field first, second and third. What was Bozo thinking? Even at 36 year old Cliff Lyons was still a thousand times better than Field, and with Tooves we had a ready made halves duo who had both played for Australia. We may have played in the 1997 GF with Field wearing #7, but he wasn't the reason we were there.

Chris Bailey would be fourth (since Field took up the first 3). We'd have been better off keeping Killer at 5/8 than signing Bailey.

Is anyone going to mention the Iro brothers?

Last edited:
I liked Joe.G right away because Russell told him to quit footy and become a preacher. I kind of think Mr Crowe is a massive w&nker and Joe.G proved him wrong big time by coming to Manly and winning a premiership with us.

I thought Chris Bailey was a dud. He won me over when he signed for another club.

He is probably the only one who I have gotten wrong. We desperately needed a 5/8 at the time and he had shown some potential but did not deliver.

Orford was someone who I didn't think we needed, not really thinking he would be a dud, I jsut though Monas, Ballin & Lyon would have delivered. I may still have been right as Lyon at 5/8 was the major improvement about the same time as I said we needed a 5/8 but Orford did win a premiership as captain and as such has my respect.

Biggest dud to good player stuff up is Glenn Hall. The guy had been around for long enough and played enough games to get a read (well usually). Turned it all around with us.

My favorite buys, and in this order:-
Jamie Lyon
Brent Kite
Ben Kennedy

My biggest disappointments:-
David Vaeliki (remember telling everyone how great he would be)
Chris Bailey

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4