Players Unavailable

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pfoti

We are going into Sat night’s game with half our side missing which include
G. Stewart - injured
S. Matai -injured
T. Williams - suspended
J. Galuvoa - injured
G. Rose – Poor form
B. Farrar - injured

If we pull off a win it will be one of the greatest victories in recent time considering the players unavailable.

Speaking of Stewart, initial reports were 2 weeks, any more news anyone?

for the match against the Dragons, we have

17. J. Annear (scored a few tries recently in NSW Cup)
18. N. Skinner
19. J. Taufua

Volley said:
You can't claim someone who is in "poor form" as being an unavailable player.

There's too much of George to not have some of him available

Tooves was interviewed after the game on MMM and said Glenn was probably still 2-3 weeks away, so possibly parra game.

McRose on the bench surely. George normally takes some stopping and with Gift and Rex out you'd imagine there was a spot for him.

Daniel said:
Speaking of Stewart, initial reports were 2 weeks, any more news anyone?

http://www.injuryupdate.com.au/nrl-manly-warringah-sea-eagles-injury-list.php

The "Injury Update" website has Gift down as an estimated return of round 5 and Matai round 6. Joe is not listed as a current injured player but is listed in the "ALL INJURIES IN 2012" list with an estimated return of round 3.

Joe has a foot injury that he is struggling to get over from what i have heard. Its a bit of an unknown at this stage unfortunatly as it would be great to have him there this weekend

Fluffy said:
Joe has a foot injury that he is struggling to get over from what i have heard. Its a bit of an unknown at this stage unfortunately as it would be great to have him there this weekend

Yes, I know that Joe has a foot injury (Achilles problem) that is taking a lot longer to recover from but I just thought that it was strange/interesting that he is not still named in our list of current injured players on that website.

pfoti said:
We are going into Sat night’s game with half our side missing which include
G. Stewart - injured
S. Matai -injured
T. Williams - suspended
J. Galuvoa - injured
G. Rose – Poor form
B. Farrar - injured

If we pull off a win it will be one of the greatest victories in recent time considering the players unavailable.

It's the same talk and situation as when we faced the GF-finalists Roosters in Round 2 last year. A fair chunk of talent on the sidelines, coming off a loss and playing away.

The smart Dragons fans aren't enjoying playing this wounded Manly side, I can assure you.

More like when Foz and Gift missed the Semi against the broncs last year. We got pretty close.

Stevo said:
More like when Foz and Gift missed the Semi against the broncs last year. We got pretty close.

Yes,because Foran was suspended for a semi final in boganland

Round 26 does not a semi final make

Stevo said:

Nah, it was a regular round and largely didn't affect the final position, no matter the result.

The Round 2 match was a biggie insofar as the lead-up had the knives out for the club and individuals facing another average season, and having a lot of players out across the park.

It was the largest odds against we faced all season and we were largely written off, even within our own fan base.

This week feels the same. The lead-up to Round 26 was nothing like it.

Who cares what round it was. The point is that the roosters ended up being nuffies last year. The Dragons are not and won't be.

Plenty said the Roosters would back up better and they had just belted a talked-up Souths side in Round 1. The vibe was all the Roosters way and they just had to turn up against a wounded and depleted Manly outfit.

The point is that at Round 2 (or 4) we don't really know who's going to be hot or not, come finals time.

This game is a carbon-copy of that scenario from early last year, and how the team faces it (whether we win, lose or draw) will be a good indication of the squads mindset this season.

We also lost the first game and were staring down the barrell of 2 loses. That is not the case in this instance.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6