Players seen at a cafe....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
uh oh...

Eagles reunion
Spotted during the week at a Dee Why cafe was the retired Anthony Watmough with three current stars, Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon and Foran. Also there was the players' manager, George Mimis. Foran was looking the best he has been in weeks.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...-by-kieran-foran-for-now-20160618-gpmdw2.html

@Ryan, what's the good oil? ;)
George mimis?? I have no words... Just thought killer would keep better business partners.

They were having a bite to eat and then going back to Jamie's to watch the '08 and '11 Grand Finals.

How well did Desmond do to keep all these delicate souls under control, Sigmund Freud would of had his work cut out.
Dez is the one who showed them to go for the money, once their dream of a premiership were realized and that self interest is above team work @:mad:

United we stand, divided we fall :(
images.jpg

United we stand etc, dates back at least to ancient Greek storyteller Aesop and his fable, The Four Oxen and the Lion

A Lion used to prowl about a field in which Four Oxen used to
dwell. Many a time he tried to attack them; but whenever he came
near they turned their tails to one another, so that whichever way
he approached them he was met by the horns of one of them. At
last, however, they fell a-quarrelling among themselves, and each
went off to pasture alone in a separate corner of the field. Then
the Lion attacked them one by one and soon made an end of all
four.

United we stand, divided we fall.

United we stand etc, dates back at least to ancient Greek storyteller Aesop and his fable, The Four Oxen and the Lion

A Lion used to prowl about a field in which Four Oxen used to
dwell. Many a time he tried to attack them; but whenever he came
near they turned their tails to one another, so that whichever way
he approached them he was met by the horns of one of them. At
last, however, they fell a-quarrelling among themselves, and each
went off to pasture alone in a separate corner of the field. Then
the Lion attacked them one by one and soon made an end of all
four.

United we stand, divided we fall.
Aesop didn't articulate the Manly Problem - the factions within a union :cool:

Must have been a discussion on how to maximise their superannuation now that they are about to retire

Explain this to me: You have serious matters to discuss. You want it to be confidential. You're recognisable by everyone. . . and yet you meet at a café amongst prying eyes and open ears!
Truth is they were simply meeting for a coffee and cake.

Speaking of Danny Narrower's column, further unsubstantiated evidence that he visits this site with a piece about B. Stewart in today's S-H.

Thing is I would love Brett Stewart to go on forever. One memory of him flying past a bewildered and grasping Jarryd Hayne will stay with me forever. He has been one of our all time greats along with Lyon. I feel truly sad he is virtually a cripple on the field and would be so pleased if he overcame his injuries.

But I suspect its not going to happen and his body, legs mainly, are well past their prime. I remember feeling the same way when Johnny Gibbs suffered a succession of injuries and how sad it was to see a champion player's career cut short well before his time.

Brett is a champion player and Weidler needs to get criticism of him by us into perspective, when we seem to be suggesting Stewart call it a day. If he cant perform effectively he needs to go, and all of us no doubt will feel sorry for that loss. But we certainly dont want to see a champion like Stewart finally leave the game with a last image of a broken down footballer that everyone will remember like happened with Langlands.

If he thinks he can get through it then he is the best judge of that. But I hope he remains realistic about it. Its a ruthless game.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2