1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Players on notice?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by c eagle, Jun 29, 2015.

1. c eagle

c eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    I'm pretty sure I read toovey had placed his team on notice.... Under performing players to be dropped.... Did mason and Leary get dropped last weekend? Or was it injury....

2. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    We'll I'd be thinking injury.

Because there's no farking way that either of those players make way for Hasplod. Period.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Brookie

Brookie Well-Known Member

Swinger Hill
    Ratings:
    +216 / 4
    mason has man-flu didn't he?

4. The Indian

The Indian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 9
    Don't think it matters if Tooves puts them on notice anyway - with Tooves being reported as a dead man walking every 2nd day why would they be fearful anyway. This year is totally self fulfilling.

Its just death by a thousand cuts this year.

5. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    Yeah and Leary's back flared up again from memory..

6. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    That memory is always causing flare-ups.

Maybe Hasson is not on notice as he's not really a player??

*snap*

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,843 / 103
    I can understand why 2V is on notice; he has 'coached' the flair out of this team. We are too structured and scared of making mistakes, making us boring to watch and easy to defend against. Against Souffs we played 'perfect' football for the first 10 minutes. No dropped ball. No risks taken. And what did it gain us? No points!
    Souffs weren't much better, but when they tries something different - the chip kick to the winger - an easy try resulted.
    A perfect illustration was when we fell 12 points behind with 15-minutes or so to play. Instead of trying a short kick-off to regain the ball we kicked off in the same, unsuccessful way.
    I thought when we recruited 'Telfon' Johns that we'd have a raft of attack. But no. Just plodding, one-out forward runs and outdated 5th tackle options.
    I don;t know if we mix up our training routines, or games plans, but if I was 2V I'd thrown away the clip board, not bother about stats this week and give the players free reign to enjoy themselves. Let them play what;s in front of them. To try something, and fail, is surely better than to keeping doing the same thing and losing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    Its no good him saying it he has to do it, that should have been said to the team 8 weeks ago yet he persists with guys who have been failing him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. globaleagle

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
  10. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    Maybe just maybe after 4 yrs of spending sweet FA on forwards to keep our backline together it's all finally gone to sh**t. Good/quality forwards that have left: Williams, Kite, Stewart, Watmough, Rodney, Rose. Replaced with???

11. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    I don't think that the players were listening when Toovey told them they were on notice

12. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    Let's not forget JWH, we've been buying bargain basement players lately and getting bargain basement performances, yet the Roosters manage to do OK with guys like Moa and Matagi.

13. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,132 / 289
    They ain't paying Pearce and Maloney anywhere NEAR DCE and Foran in my opinion mate. That's the issue...all our eggs in one basket, and those eggs can't / aren't manufacturing wins.

14. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    Don't forget Lussick, King, Faoso, Gulavao, I'm sure there's another one, whose name escapes me right now

15. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    I think we are way beyond players being put on notice. I think that would fall on deaf ears without any response.
    I believe its a mental thing. I think the DCE and Foran sagas have taken the focus completely off team spirit this year. Yeah they are trying as individuals (hence on notice who cares), but the team is not playing together and inspired.
    It looks like a year off - anyone know how many sleeps until Feb next year?.

16. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    Then we're in deeper sh!t ,because next year DCE
    This season DCE and Foran would be on par with Pierce and Maloney, but next year and many years after that we'll be in deep sh!t if Foran decides to stay

17. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,535 / 135
    I think the match at Pepper Stadium earlier in the year really sums up our season and our current predicament. In years gone by, we would lose when we got complacent and the usual rev up would see us return to the winners circle...occasionally we would get beaten by a better side when we played our best, but that was rare.

However, the night we played Penrith at Pepper, we were desperate, and every player gave 110% and we still lost. Penrith's backs were depleted, but they had a solid pack and dominated the ruck allowing Moylan, and to a lesser extent Segyaro, to play off the back of it. We simply do not have the cattle in the forwards to win the majority of our matches this year. A fit BJ and Starling, along with 100+ metres from Choc last year was enough to make us competitive, but that's missing this season. Pair that with Ballin slowing down and a plethora of injuries, and you can see why putting guys on notice is not going to make a lick of difference.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +981 / 5
    Was only thinking this myself the other day. It was supposedly said ('threatened') weeks ago....
    Me thinks all talk and no action :mad:

19. globaleagle

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    Oh I'm sure they noticed the notice. But then they noticed that the notice was not worth noticing.