players comoing off contract 2011 manly 16

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daniel said:
Impact hooker.

Exactly the same as LeStrange use to play. It added so much more spark when we used those two in tandem.

Both Payne and DeGois would add huge impact off the bench.

Not huge priority and we need forwards first, but if we have the room, it can only be worthwhile

I thought the initial signing of LeStrange was a pointless one but Des sure proved me wrong as he ended up being the perfect player to use in tandem with Ballin - as you put it. I doubt there is another hooker on that list that could do even half the job that he LeStrange did for us in '08

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Isn't he the bloke who gets knocked out every week? That has to be a worry.

With the amount of times he has been knocked out, he won't know if he is coming or going, put him on minimum wage contract. give him one of Beaver's headgear and tell him you paid him already then run him out onto the field. Won't have a ****en clue you are only paying him $55k

I mean let's face it forwards are not the brightest sparks to begin with, add a few severe concussions to the mix and he must be flat out tying his shoe lace

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
eagles2win said:
Have a look's whose off contract at the Knights.......

Korbin Simms (Ashton and Tariq's little brother) the Broncos were devastated when he left rated very highly.

So sign our kids, pick this bloke up and a marquee forward signing

are you serious they punted him.

From what I've heard the Simms boy's didn't get along with Ivan Henjack.

Daniel said:
Impact hooker.

Exactly the same as LeStrange use to play. It added so much more spark when we used those two in tandem.

Both Payne and DeGois would add huge impact off the bench.

Not huge priority and we need forwards first, but if we have the room, it can only be worthwhile

club cant afford the $200k an NRL establised hooker eg Payne & De Gois would command to play on the bench.

i'm tipping a smokey might be signed like, Kurt Baptiste.

i`m shocked to see who we have coming off..especially the young guy`s..

i got a question ok out of the 16 we have coming off contract.. who would you keep & who would you toss..

Manly Sea Eagles
Jamie Buhrer, Matt Cross, Liam Foran, Joe Galuvao, William Hopoate, Jason King, Brent Kite, Vic Mauro, Michael Robertson, Tim Robinson, George Rose, Terrence Seu Seu, Dean Whare, David Williams, Tony Williams

16 players off contract

keep buhrer foran hopoate king kite robbo rose thats about it.. for some reason i still want to keep tony williams.. only because i`d hate to see him finally reach his potential with another club..

i need to be slapped,,

I dont know how the topic maker escaped FRO`s wrath with that heading....:huh:
:p

Daniel said:
I'd make a play for the following

- Martin Kennedy
- Nigel Plum
- Luke Stuart
- Aaron Payne
- Isaac De Gois (french impact hookers seem to work for us)
- Adam Blair
- Snowden
-Adam Woolnough
- Corey Parker

There are a few others and obviously those on my list depend on others in my list. I wouldn't want both De Gois and Payne, but one or the other would be good.

I don't rate our chances at getting Blair but would make first play at him.
Wolnough and Plum, I would have either of these guys, I think they would shine under Des and could probably pick them up cheap. Real bargain for your money type forwards.

It seems clear to me our recruitment needs to be in the forwards. We really need 1 really good key signing in the forwards, a prop preferably and that will just top off our team nicely.

We need to keep Hoppa, Buhrer and Oldfield first then if we have cash left we need to sign a few forwards.

A couple of things worth considering Jason kings contract will get cap concessions as he has been at the club since 2002
Chic should next year as well as his 10 years are up too
2013 Brett and 2014 Glenn will also get 10 year cap concessions

This could help back ending contracts of blokes like hoppa

Jamie Buhrer, Liam Foran, William Hopoate, Jason King, Tim Robinson, George Rose, Terrence Seu Seu, Dean Whare, David Williams, Tony Williams

Thats who id keep this year

The Eagle said:
Jamie Buhrer, Liam Foran, William Hopoate, Jason King, Tim Robinson, George Rose, Terrence Seu Seu, Dean Whare, David Williams, Tony Williams

Thats who id keep this year

Buhrer yes, King yes, Rose Yes. Wolfman, hopefully but he'll know he is in for a pay cut. Liam Foran and Whare aren't needed. Seu Seu is probably in the same boat. T-Rex would have to wait to see whats left over after we hopefully keep hoppa. Robinson worth keeping but he won't be on much more than the minimum.

Liam Foran will be on bare minimum as a
backup for the halves

Seu Seu as a backup,same price as Ballins
back up and hopefully a bench spot,i like his more
recent work

Tony Williams paycut perhaps,see how he finishes
but his current numbers are stupid

Whare is backup,say $80k Lyon and Matai are both
becoming injury concerns,more so Lyon but Matai
is a suspension concern

Wolfman would retain the 5,at a paycut due to his
inactivity,sort of as a good bloke like Mini was to
the roosters

At full strength the team would look a bit like this

1 B Stewart
2 W Hopoate
3 J Lyon
4 S Matai
5 D Williams
6 K Foran
7 D Cherry-Evans
8 J King
9 M Ballin
10 G Rose
11 A Watmough
12 J Bhurer
13 G Stewart

14 T Seu Seu
15 J Cunningham
16 D Harrison/T Robinson
17 T Williams (Dependant on how this year pans out)

I think Buhrer could handle 80minutes in the manly back row
but next year will do it alot easier

3 Bench forwards and a blitzkrieg style hooker/utility with
Tony being able to cover backs (Badly,but cant be worse
than Bailey after this year surely)

Alternatively Bhurer is also a bit of a utility in my view dependant
on Tonys weight and acceleration,outside back is not Tony's forte

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4