Players Awards Night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I would really appreciate it if someone who's attending the Manly Players Awards Night tomorrow night at Terrey Hills could write something on what happens. I would have loved to be there and see who wins what, how Snake's going, etc, etc so any feedback would be great!

Was thinking maybe if DSM5 is going that he might post a bit of a report, similar to the outstanding transcripts on Snake's court case which he posted for us.

Anyway, thanks to whoever in advance.
Linda

Would like to know if they will announce and present

a) Major Sponsor
b) the new away stripe

would seem the perfect opportunity to announce these

for the jersey it would be good to do it around now considering that Christmas is around the corner

Will give a report if anything major happens don't worry.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1286600222[/time]

A great night all up, good food, good company, great entertainment. Good to see all the players in good spirits, esp. Big Georgie and Wolfman, these two are the life of the party.

Matai was pimping and both Stewart brothers looked happy if not still a little uncertain. Beaver told me he was unhappy about not being here next year, but 'thats the way it goes'. Farrah wants to be back in a year or so if possible.

Des absent with family. Tooves did an excellent job filling in. Lowe sounded passionate and very supportive of stewie, as did all who spoke, Hughes had a message for stewart saying that huge numbers of people involved in all the clubs of league were standing behind him.

I won't say much as I'm still recovering and typing and looking at a computer hurts. LOL. But what an amazing night. Not many people on here commenting on this thread though? Did very few people from here go?

Was a great night. Players were all very accommodating to fans and sponsors. Pics and chats with a few of them - i'm a big Kingy fan so was great to say hi and talk footy for a couple of mins.

Lyon pretty much cleaned up all the awards...and deservedly so. Great guy - very humble and easy going.

Vince Sorrenti was on fire - really really funny...not what i was expecting.

Lots of 'doggies' calls from the crowd when Hodko was on stage at various times. He seemed really awkward and very reluctant when speaking about moving on from Manly.

Graham Hughes did a great job as MC - like him or not he is a true rugby league man who did a great job supporting the players on stage and in the spotlight - very respectful of the Sea Eagles club, culture & history. Had a quick chat to him later in the night and he was genuinely a very nice guy.

I think URM ?? were announced as major sponsor - things were a bit foggy for me at this stage, so i can't be sure.

Volley link said:
Vince Sorrenti? There better have been plenty of booze on offer. Geez he's s**t.
nah he`s not too bad he was guest speaker at my works xmas party a few yrs back, didnt know he was so funny..  i thought he was ok then..

I see URM are a local waste collection company, major sponsor?? They must have some dough, or they negotaitaed taking Bailey away for free  :D

Yeah - it musn't be URM... i think it was a real estate company ??? a current minor sponsor.

Way too much to drink...still waiting for the fog to clear.

And yes, Vince surprised me too - he was really good.

Sea Eagles Awards Night winners
9/10/2010 2:47:13 PM

Jamie Lyon has scooped the pool at tonight's annual awards night, taking out the Players Player, Leading point scorer and Gordon Willoughby medal.

In a glamorous night that capped off the end of the Sea Eagles season, Manly's co-captain was acknowledged for his outstanding form this year.

Other co-captain Jason King was also rewarded with the Roy Bull Best and Fairest award for the second year running.

Sea Eagles character 'Gorgeous' George Rose won the Doug Daley Clubman of Year award. George has spent a lot of this year giving up his own time to help out in the community, and it is great that his hard work has been recognised.

In Des Hasler's abscence, Geoff Toovey delivered a speech thanking the players and staff for their commitment throughout the season.

In a moving and emotional moment during the night, injured Sea Eagle Brett Stewart made his way on stage to say thankyou to everybody involved at the club and the members and fans for supporting him over the last eighteen months.

AWARD WINNERS 2010:

Toyota Cup:
Russ Bull Best and Fairest: Magnus Stromquist
Players Player: Gary Riccardi

NRL:
Roy Bull Best and Fairest: Jason King
Players Player: Jamie Lyon
Leading point scorer: Jamie Lyon
Leading try scorer: Tony Williams
Rookie of the Year: Trent Hodkinson
Gordon Willoughby Medal (Members player of the year): Jamie Lyon
(2nd place) Matt Ballin
(3rd place) Steve Matai
Steve Menzies Medal: "Barefoot" Bob Butcher
Doug Daley Memorial Clubman of the Year: George Rose

Thanks heaps to Rusty & Zab and Evo for giving a great insight of the Night.
Linda :)

did anyone hear if it is true about major sponsor, not on official site which seems weird but then that wouldn't be a surprise  ::)

Now that I've have nearly recovered I can add my 2 cents worth. Pretty much the same as what others have said.
Geoff Toovey got up in place of Dessie thanking the players and did a great job.
I though Graham Hughes did a brillant job as mc( even if he is a Doggies man) Gave great support to both the club and also to Brett Stewart which was great to hear.
Vince Sorrenti was a suprise to me, never thought he was all that funny but on Friday night he was absolutly brillant, very very funny, had everyone in the room in stiches.
Eeveryone was very well Dressed. Out of the players Matai would have been up there for top award. Well done to Killer for cleaning up. And to Georgie, Kingy and T rex as well as the 20's players.
A truly wonderful night it was.

Looks like they got a few big names there for the night

66231_498795785992_222674735992_7384734_159612_n.jpg

Snoop Dogg

47020_498774840992_222674735992_7384531_4083253_n.jpg

Georgie with Alan from The Hangover

Why is it Georgie's picture is taken next to a whiteboard with the word "meals" next to it? Hopefully it read, George, please have sized norm AL MEALS

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6