Players Attitudes AT PRESENT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
After The Sharks game (loss) last night, what I noticed about the Sharks, was that their players were livid after the match. They were hunched over, and looked truly gutted. You could tell they were hurting, and felt for their fans - and each other.

Our guys on the other hand looked as though they were happy as larry, all laughing and enjoying themselves as the crowd that was left kind of booed as far as I could tell, at the lack luster effort. Orford, and Bani looked particularly happy. It was almost as though the result had a positive outcome for them or something.

Without saying something dodgy is going on (ALA players betting money against themselves), something just really looks fishy. There's MORE to the team than is being suggested here.

What is it? We can't go from being that good, to being this S**t can we? Our players can't consistently look this happy (at training, on the field)?

There are players coming off contract, and their bargaining potential is dropping, because their mates are letting them down. They may look fantastically happy after the losses, but basically - they are letting each other down.

Cheers Guys - I needed a rant. This is appalling.

You know what they say...........there's no I in team, and there's no you in appalling.

Chip & Chase link said:
You know what they say...........there's no I in team, and there's no you in appalling.

Fixed ! And just heard that G Stewart may have missed out on an Australian spot from a poster at MSE. Goes to show that if a team doesn't present well, poor ol' guys like G Stewart - who HAS been playing decent of late misses out.

Exactly why I say they are letting each other down.

Oh well.

On form Stewart does not deserve to be in any Aussie team. Not sure that any Manly player does, though they may well pick Kite.

I think the boos were for the referees (at least I hope they were) and not the team, but I know what you mean about the smiling, laughing, catching-up-with-my-mate-Billy bull**** that the cameras caught after the game. I didn't like it much either.
But really, I'm not sure what else we should expect. I mean, they're professional players and the fact is they do have friends in other teams. They're entitled to smile even if they lose. It doesn't change the result and it doesn't change the effort on the field.
I just can't understand why we're going so wrong. From what I can tell the effort is there. But the group psychology is an absolute mess. Once we fall behind, we panic. And if we're ahead (which hasn't happened much this season), we start to look nervous. Last year we played like winners, this year we're playing like losers.
I've got no idea how to fix it. I hope Des does.

Des has to bite the bullet and drop one or two and put the rest on notice that if they don't peform their spots are not safe. That could be the problem with Des sticking with the same team - they now they will be there next week win or lose. They need a reality check.

Ryan the reason the Sharks players looked so miserable and forlorn after their matrch wasn't because they lost, it was just because they knew they had to put up with Sticky's lousy mood for another week.

I'm no longer going to comment on their attitudes let them laugh & joke whatever,they have every reason they've encountered the best 7 months without virtually having a break.

I spoke to Football Club board member Kerry Sibraa about 30 minutes after the game, he has just come up from the sheds and he said it was just about the most depressing scene he can remember.....they may well have been "nice" on the field BUT that didn't equal what happened in the sheds.

There's NO DOUBT they are hurting....trouble is that hurt isn't being turned around into desire at this point.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8