Player swap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Burgess is on about $250K sadly. If he left when he was tapped on the shoulder, we would have been able to keep 1 of Hiku or Gutherson. Tragedy really isn't it?

Glad you find campaigning against
Domestic violence offenders boring mate.
Cam I never said I was not against domestic violence!! Of course I am, however I'm just saying that this is not the right place to vent your anger or opinion on the subject. This is a rugby league site where we discuss things rugby league....yes there are instances where people express their feelings on a different subject, but your persistent condemnation of AFB will only start to piss other members off also! I'm not against you........I agree with you but I will express my feelings in the right place & the right time!

Cam I never said I was not against domestic violence!! Of course I am, however I'm just saying that this is not the right place to vent your anger or opinion on the subject. This is a rugby league site where we discuss things rugby league....yes there are instances where people express their feelings on a different subject, but your persistent condemnation of AFB will only start to piss other members off also! I'm not against you........I agree with you but I will express my feelings in the right place & the right time!
And if this bloke wasn't a manly player all you blokes would be jumping up and down saying stuff like people on here did about Robert lui and krisome a'uva. But it's disgusting how because this bloke plays for manly and seems to have a bit of ability its convienetly forgotten by many of the nut huggers on here that the bloke pleaded GUILTY to kicking his partner. His uncle can come on here and try to justify that all he wants at the end of the day that's lowest of low acts.

And if this bloke wasn't a manly player all you blokes would be jumping up and down saying stuff like people on here did about Robert lui and krisome a'uva. But it's disgusting how because this bloke plays for manly and seems to have a bit of ability its convienetly forgotten by many of the nut huggers on here that the bloke pleaded GUILTY to kicking his partner. His uncle can come on here and try to justify that all he wants at the end of the day that's lowest of low acts.

Can I just say that we are treading dangerous and inflammatory grounds?

The reality is here, that this is what it is. The kid and admittedly young kid made a clear mistake, but should he be punished forever?

Cameron I think you know my thoughts on giving people second, 3rd, 4th multiple chances. Ive made so many mistakes in my life but I dont want to live those mistakes over I want to make choices that show I have learned from those mistakes.

Lets be fair, if someone shows genuine intention to change their character and grow beyond the mistakes they made then we should embrace that, not criticise or live on the problems that plagued their path.

Every person is their present and their future, their past is the only thing they can not change!

And if this bloke wasn't a manly player all you blokes would be jumping up and down saying stuff like people on here did about Robert lui and krisome a'uva.
Cam I am inclined to agree with Dan's view above.

Also, I don't share your view that domestic violence is the single most heinous and unforgiveable sin.

I agree that for victims it can be horrendous and life-changing but the same can be said for many things.

My own view is that domestic violence is an indication of breakdown in social organisation, and cannot be understood without looking at the history of the family unit and the history of womens rights as well the increasing economic tensions worldwide and how we got here.

In other words, not a simple problem and in my view not one that can be solved by demonising those perpetrators who happen to be caught and publicly exposed.

Yes it is shameful but exiling those perpetrators from society won't solve DV.

If anything it will make some victims even more reluctant to report it.

For what its worth, I believe we can have the best will in the world, but DV will never be eliminated while women still lack equality. Which they will continue to lack until they win the right to work and that entails the right to free universal child care.

Which we wont see any time soon as it would eat into profit margins.

On Lui and Auva'a - you make a fair point.

However the differences are that Lui is a repeat offender, and in Auva'a's case, the problem was with the NRL who decided he could continue to play out the season and win a grand final even though he had pleaded guilty early in the year.

Fonua-Blake on the other hand is not a repeat offender, and he has served out his sentence, and also served out his NRL ban.

I do agree with you that it is an important issue, but unfortunately not so simple to resolve.

Cam I am inclined to agree with Dan's view above.

Also, I don't share your view that domestic violence is the single most heinous and unforgiveable sin.

I agree that for victims it can be horrendous and life-changing but the same can be said for many things.

My own view is that domestic violence is an indication of breakdown in social organisation, and cannot be understood without looking at the history of the family unit and the history of womens rights as well the increasing economic tensions worldwide and how we got here.

In other words, not a simple problem and in my view not one that can be solved by demonising those perpetrators who happen to be caught and publicly exposed.

Yes it is shameful but exiling those perpetrators from society won't solve DV.

If anything it will make some victims even more reluctant to report it.

For what its worth, I believe we can have the best will in the world, but DV will never be eliminated while women still lack equality. Which they will continue to lack until they win the right to work and that entails the right to free universal child care.

Which we wont see any time soon as it would eat into profit margins.

On Lui and Auva'a - you make a fair point.

However the differences are that Lui is a repeat offender, and in Auva'a's case, the problem was with the NRL who decided he could continue to play out the season and win a grand final even though he had pleaded guilty early in the year.

Fonua-Blake on the other hand is not a repeat offender, and he has served out his sentence, and also served out his NRL ban.

I do agree with you that it is an important issue, but unfortunately not so simple to resolve.
Good post, also we are a long way from solving blokes hitting blokes.

Swap Jack Bird for Dylan Walker.

They want a centre and we need a five-eighth.

I'd do it today if I could.

We need to get rid of some of the off contract dead wood at the end of this season, then we should be in a good position to recruit for 2017 and beyond. I don't think this is our year.

Cam I apologize if you think I'm against you or your thoughts on the subject. I'm NOT! I agree with your thoughts on DV, but not on here. Let's just get back to discussing rugby league, our team............& better days ahead mate.

Last edited:
We need to get rid of some of the off contract dead wood at the end of this season, then we should be in a good position to recruit for 2017 and beyond. I don't think this is our year.
I agree but we will need to recruit a 5/8 this year and sign some depth in the backs. 2017 we can go after a big name forward and a centre to replace skivvi

I know this site is player swap and not the one im about to bring up but ah well . I like walker at 5/8 and think he will turn into a fine pivot in years to come with perseverance and i for one have backed him there but.... with killer coming off contract i think trent needs to move killer to 6 and walker to 3 asap. Killer is getting slower and has proven he is a worthy 6 , walker is world class out wide and our backline attack and last play options will sky rocket. Dce and lyon will work because lyon has skill enough to slide across and feed our outside backs with stewart chiming in . It also will release the pressure valve on dce playing with a new 6. Just my thoughts , its like we are waiting for this to click and its going to take time . Slowly the season gets away from us , so thats why i think this will fix things pretty quickly and prolong killers year or 2 .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6