Player sacked for Ape dance fight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I can't help laughing at this one, Canberra have punted him

Huihahau dance ended in brawl: court

A young Canberra Raiders rugby league player punched a man who tried to copy his ape dance at a Brisbane rugby union grand final, a court has been told.

Raiders winger Sam Huihahau, 21, was in the crowd at Ballymore on September 20 to watch Premier Grade combatants Souths and Brothers battle it out in the grand final, the Brisbane Magistrates Court was told on Wednesday.

Police prosecutor Sergeant Michelle Clarke said a heavily intoxicated Huihahau had taken his shirt off and started zig-zagging through the crowd, "swinging his arms in an ape-like manner".

Sgt Clarke said he then started trying to entice other spectators to join in by "violently beating his chest".

When another man started to copy Huihahau's movements, the winger slapped him lightly on the cheek.

When the man returned the gesture, Huihahau punched him.

Sgt Clarke said the crowd then surged around the pair, and that police only narrowly managed to prevent a "full-scale brawl".

Huihahau pleaded guilty on Wednesday to one count of drunk or disorderly behaviour and another count of removal of persons from premises.

He was fined $300 with no conviction recorded.

I think him and Robbo could really come up with a good dance. One can be the Ape and other can be the hellicopter.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6