Player Ratings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Merdy33

Reserve Grader
I have my views on why we lost tonight, including too many mistakes (completion rate was woeful), inconsistent rule interpretations and new players. I also don't think we should underestimate the impact of losing Lyon.  However I'll have a go at some ratings:

B Stewy - 7. Defensively good, and showed some glimpses of his old form. Threw a great pass for Robbo's try. One error in dropping a bomb, but all things considered, a solid comeback.

Robbo - 7. Also solid. Should have done better, however, when somehow he and T-Rex stuffed up what should have been a try off DCE's kick (after a B Stewy break)

T-Rex - 5. Disappointing. I rate him, but not tonight. A woeful miss on Stanley for his try, and see above re the stuff-up with Robbo

K Foran - 6. OK, but didn't really make an impression. Changing positions after Lyon's injury didn't help.

Will H - 6. Also OK. Did what he had to do, however never really threatened. Great tackle cutting down (I don't remember who), but it saved a potentially dangerous situation.

Glen Stewy - 7. Did quite well at 5/8, created some opportunities

DCE - 6. Satisfactory debut, however docked a point for one too many errors. Kicking game looks promising, and made a couple of threatening darts. Defence OK.

J Burhrer - 7. Looked dangerous at times. I think he's improved from last year and might be one to watch.

J Galavao - 6. Looked good early, however slowed up later.

Choc - 5. Not good enough. Too many errors, however did look dangerous at times. He needs to get back to his form from a couple of years ago.

J King - 6. No more than sound.

J Seu Seu – 6. Another who did only what he could. I expected a bit more spark from him, but maybe had to play a different game because he came on earlier, and played for longer than planned.

B Kite – 7. I thought he was busy, and made some solid hit ups.

M Ballin – 5. His kicking game was dismal. Then went and got himself knocked out through poor technique.

Vic Mauro – 6. Looked OK and showed some promise.

Georgie Rose – 5. Very disappointing 4th tackle penalty that led to a Storm try. No real impact in attack, which is what Des brings him on for.

Jamie Lyon – 6. Looked threatening until injury forced him off.

Choc made some mistakes but he wasn't our worst.  He was easily our best ball carrier.  A couple of times taking two hitups in a set and really the only forward who supports another ball carrier.  When he's doing that work it means the rest of the boys are coasting.  I was disappointed in Kings game otherwise pretty much agree with your ratings.  Big George made some good runs late but where was that in his first stint when it was crucial?

I really liked Buhrers game.  I've made the call a couple of times when people were getting excited about Harrison signing for us that I said I Thought Buhrer had it all over him.  Hopefully this is a sign of things to come from him.

I'm not normally a Chock basher. I really rate him and on his day he's up there with the best. I guess the bar for him is set a little higher than for others, and we notice his mistakes more than his contributions.

I thought Buhrer was close to Manlys best last night. Does he remind anyone else of Owen Cunningham with the way he plays?

The only bright sparks were Buhrer who looked bigger & really the only 1 hitting the holes. Hoppa was good & both Stewarts were ok. Unfortunately Choc dissapointing as our marquee foward, Matty B -dogged defender but offers little in attack & kicking game was poor. DCE - not involved too much but this will change as the season rolls on , at least  he looks a threat with the ball. Scary thing is Melbourne were only average & really there for the taking -will need massive improvement but anythings possable-bring in Oldfield & Lussick - both will add much needed thrust & maybe this Ray Moujalli??  

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4