Player Ratings - Round 5 v Eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleRock40

Reserve Grader
Snake (8) Looked more confident and solid in defence
Taufua (8) Great debut, 1 try, no mistakes and strong charges early in our sets.
Matai (9) Best player on the field. Dangerous with the ball, and a rock in defence. His combination with Taufua on the left side seems promising.
Whare (5) Very quiet tonight and looked a little lost in defence.
Wolf (5) As above - he really misses Lyon and Gift on that right side.
Foran (5) Wasnt one of his best games. Didnt seem to have his mind on the game. Contract or injury?? Maybe a few weeks off will refresh his batteries.
DCE (5) Worst game for quite some time. His first 3 attacking kicks were ineffective and set the tone for the remainder. Missed a few tackles and is also suffering on the right side with no Lyon and Gift.
King (7) Our best front-rower by a mile. Tackled all night, and made good metres in attack. 10 hit ups for 146m.
Ballin (8) Solid as a rock like every week, and picked up valuable metres with a few nice runs in the 2nd half.
Kite (4) Too old and slow. I love the bloke, but I really hope he picks up a retirement contract in the UK.
Buhrer (7) Good game, seems to be enjoying the increased minutes with no Gift in the team.
Choc (8) Great game, his mistakes are well down on previous years and is showing pride in the jersey. Captain-like performance.
Harrison (5) Doesnt seem to be having much impact on games. He is yet to stamp his spot in our best 17.
Lussick (5) Still showing potential, but is coming up with stupid unforced errors. I wouldnt pay him $150K on current form.
Mauro (5) No impact, and very slow at getting up after making the tackle. I cant believe he gets a spot in top 17 ahead of Georgie.
Skinner (5) Handy player without being brilliant. One of a few guys that is really fighting for a bench spot when we are at full strength.
Galuvao (5) Couple of good runs, not a bad comeback from big Joe.

I tried to be fair with the ratings, without being too harsh. Our biggest problems at the moment are lack of concentration and no impact from our bench.

Mauro cops criticism, but if you look at his stats he makes a lot of tackles while he is on the field, and he makes ZERO mistakes. Compare that to Lussick. Now I'm not suggesting Vic is anything but a solid player, but I think he is still worthy of a spot in the top 17. I also feel if someone gets dropped for George it should not be him.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4