Player of the year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You can't be player of the year when you only start in 9 games, don't make the cut in a few others, and come off the bench for 20 minutes for the rest.

Sure, he has played well in the last 1-2 months, but he hasn't been explosive, he has just been good.

The problem is his upright running style; it's great running at the halves and centres on the edges, but as soon as he runs at a decent forward, he gets absolutely smashed. Take Friday night for example. It was a crucial moment in the game when we were playing well, and he got dominated, and Starling spilled the pill the next ruck after pooping his pants.

The old Manly pack were the most feared in the league under Des, and now we are known as soft, and I can't stomach that one bit.

Whilst I respect your view, I think its been distorted by Horo's reasonable form but that's only been in recent months.
For consistent form over the whole season (and that's how the award would be judged), I have to say Jake T in his debut season has been impressive and the best.

Without Jake, we'd have the spoon in my mind. I'll admit I was one that thought easing him in this season was the way to go, but ate my words pretty quickly when he showed as much grit and leadership as he did. Hopefully he can stay fit and lead from the front next year. Would've been much much uglier without him there this year.

In a year where not many stood out I would argue that Justin Horo was our best for this season. I'd like to get others opinions but anyone who watched the games couldn't have him far from our best. The question is given this why all the vitriol? I'm disappointed he's leaving and think he would be pretty handy for next year. Many people have questioned his attitude but he has shown a lot of ticker in a beaten forward pack and along with Jake T, was often the only player bending the line and making metres. Whilst the year was pretty disappointing I think many people on here should go easier on certain players as they are clearly doing the best they can for the team. Too often this year players such as Horo and Hiku were criticised for their efforts, simply because fans are disappointed with results. The pride and passion in the club goes for the fans as well as the players and I for one am grateful for Horo's services. He did the jersey proud and I thank him for his efforts. I would also urge people to be more fair on players such as Hiku as he is young and still developing, but obviously a star of the future who loves the club.
Hiku? WTF......

Snake for mine. Jake being a close second. It would have been DCE had he not fallen off towards the end of the season which is probably due to a few injuries. Extremely glad that Snake has signed an extension and he's happy to stay.

The old Manly pack were the most feared in the league under Des, and now we are known as soft, and I can't stomach that one bit.
I miss Jason King. Loved his fiery runs. The man had Manly Sea Eagles in his veins and his passion for the club led the way for our pack.

I miss Jason King. Loved his fiery runs. The man had Manly Sea Eagles in his veins and his passion for the club led the way for our pack.
I think it was also quite nice having that Glenn Hall, Bryant and Beaver combo off the bench back in the glory days.

Horo was really good over the past few weeks, ran hard and ran good lines. However ferris offers more in the same spot when he comes back.

Jake T was our best though, easily

It's just my opinion and jake was also very much one of our best. Horo had a good year and I think he did himself proud. I'm just trying to show some support for some of the players who are unfairly critisised on the forum. Peoples opinions of Hiku are rediculous and I can't wait for him to develope into an awesome player so I can say I told you so.

It's just my opinion and jake was also very much one of our best. Horo had a good year and I think he did himself proud. I'm just trying to show some support for some of the players who are unfairly critisised on the forum. Peoples opinions of Hiku are rediculous and I can't wait for him to develope into an awesome player so I can say I told you so.

Step one: Learning to catch a ball ;)

I would say:

Jake T
Cherry
Killer
Ballin
Horo
Stewwie

...of the regulars can all hold their heads up high. The rest need to lift their standards for nu-Manly starting in 2016.

NYEagle

Brayden Wiliame

Best player by a country mile......for the opposition.

Seriously though, for my money its got to be between Jake and Snake.

How about we settle for -
Jake for the forwards
Snake for the backs.
Jake goes without saying. The kid is gold and must have a career in maroon and white.
Must remember that Snake has had a brilliant year apart from the last two weeks. Topped the unofficial try record (still held by the mighty Beaver). Turned on the magic with his hands, speed and defence during so many games. Even in the team's dismal effort against the eels two weeks ago, his 40/20 save was freakish.
DCE put in all year but injury stopped him from playing to potential in the final rounds. He didn't give up though.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6