Player Movements as of June 30

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The people writing Farrar off as a player suggest he would be a good signing and go pretty well for us again

we dont need outside backs

we need props

i hated peter moore but i like hes motto
buy forwards, forwards and more forwards and when you have enough forwards by some more.

2008 is a great example of that.

I think we are bit light up front to win this year.

We don't have the money to bring in anyone from outside the club this season apparently

The top of my wish list hasn't changed all season, Mose Masoe

Kiwi Eagle said:
We don't have the money to bring in anyone from outside the club this season apparently

He's a Brian Smith favourite. He won't go anywhere. Smith has had mixed results with players, but if he takes a shinning to you, your set, (think Ben Custo). I think we should have made some approaches to guys at the Warriors when they were in a bit of a mess earlier in the year, but now they've got their form back and getting a coach all the players love next year in McLennan, I can't see any of those guys wanting out anytime soon.

Wouldn't have gotten any of the bigger names out of Auckland either

It's all a bit of good debate for us but the reality is nobody of any note will be coming I think. Graham Lowe has been a guest panelist on a show over here the past couple of weeks and said that 18 months ago the club decided to concentrate on retention of young guys within the club rather than buying in from outside the club

If Robinson and Lussick continue to develop then I think we are reasonably well set in the forwards with Galuvao still going and Williams continuing to develop in that role

Masked Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

He's a Brian Smith favourite. He won't go anywhere. Smith has had mixed results with players, but if he takes a shinning to you, your set, (think Ben Custo). I think we should have made some approaches to guys at the Warriors when they were in a bit of a mess earlier in the year, but now they've got their form back and getting a coach all the players love next year in McLennan, I can't see any of those guys wanting out anytime soon.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Wouldn't have gotten any of the bigger names out of Auckland either

It's all a bit of good debate for us but the reality is nobody of any note will be coming I think. Graham Lowe has been a guest panelist on a show over here the past couple of weeks and said that 18 months ago the club decided to concentrate on retention of young guys within the club rather than buying in from outside the club

If Robinson and Lussick continue to develop then I think we are reasonably well set in the forwards with Galuvao still going and Williams continuing to develop in that role

Masked Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

I don't think we would have had the cash to pry someone away. Our only chance was a falling out and them wanting to leave.

As a supporter you love reading reports about your club linked to big name players. But you have to tip your hat to Des and Crusher because not only have they found plenty of rough diamonds, they have done it in a way which should result in sustained success.

Cambo said:

we need props

buy forwards, forwards and more forwards and when you have enough forwards by some more.

You are right Cambo , we need a prop with balls!!!

BOZO said:
Cambo said:

we need props

You are right Cambo , we need a prop with balls!!!

Jason King?

Would have been good had we got Glenn Hall this season add a little bit more aggro to our pack..

DSM5 said:
Both King and Kite have their off and on days. To many off days at the moment for my liking.

I agree DSM5, MORE MONGREL AND MORE INTIMIDATION MORE OFTEN !!!

Captain of the Gate said:
I've added Kane Linnett to Cowboys, Tagive to Roosters and Tonga's release from his final year, although where is still unknown

Tonga is going back to the eels.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
a rumour around that Buhrer might be off to the Panthers

Hope not. I reckon we looked better the last few weeks when he has come on. He added a bit of spark to the pack. I would rather Rodney go back to the Panthers.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4