Plan for Knights fans to buy into NRL club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
You have to take your hat off to the knights fans. After a couple of really crap years, they still turn up and support their team. Through thick and thin their crowds are of a good average.

A group of Newcastle businessmen have put forward a proposal for the Knights to become community-owned by raising at least $15 million in a share offering in the NRL club.

The plan was made public on Saturday under the banner 'Our Knights One Chance' with the chief ambition for the embattled club to follow in the footsteps of the NFL's Green Bay Packers and be owned by local fans.

The Knights have been in the hands of the NRL since 2014 when former mining magnate Nathan Tinkler relinquished his three-year ownership of the club.

The NRL last month announced it had rejected all bids to buy the Knights, who have struggled both on and off the field in recent times and collected this season's wooden spoon after winning just one game.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/33476058/plan-for-knights-fans-to-buy-into-nrl-club/#page1

I was under the impression that if the Manly FC club had enough money through memberships they have the right to buy the club back from the owners. Wasn't that the way Max originally set it up.

The Football Club just doesn't have the funds anymore to buy the club, which would be worth in the vicinity of 15 million, nor are they in the position to fund the club on an ongoing basis in the usual event of running at a loss every year.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that if the Manly FC club had enough money through memberships they have the right to buy the club back from the owners. Wasn't that the way Max originally set it up.
He didn't set it up. He bought in after that ownership model was developed by Paul Cummings in concert (ironically) with Penn.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7