Pittwater Park Triple Header

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Three exciting games of rugby league have been set down for Pittwater Park, Warriewood, on Saturday, February 20, headed by the biggest pre-season clash of 2016.

The main match at 6pm will see the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and the Ipswich Jets do battle in a game that is already the talk of the rugby league pre-season such is the strong interest for tickets by supporters of both teams.

The Sea Eagles will also clash with the Sydney Roosters in a Holden Cup (U20s) trial followed by a NSW Cup trial against the Wyong Roos, the feeder team for the Roosters.

Gates open at 2pm. Tickets for the ‘Pre-season at the Park’ fixtures are now on sale.

Manly Warringah Coach Trent Barrett, and Ipswich co-coaches Ben and Shane Walker, have already confirmed they will play their best players as the match will be the final pre-season hit out for both sides before their respective seasons begin.

For Sea Eagles supporters, it will be the chance to see the new look Manly Warringah side following an aggressive recruitment campaign.

The match is the first local opportunity for supporters to see Barrett coach the Sea Eagles and also to watch new signings Marty Taupau, Lewis Brown, Nate Myles, Dylan Walker, Darcy Lussick, Apisai Koroisau and Matt Parcell For Parcell, it will be a case of lining up against his former Jets team-mates for the first time.

The Ipswich Jets captivated the rugby league world this year with their unique attacking play under the Walker brothers, going on to win the Queensland Cup and National Champions.

Their entertaining style, which often comprises of short kick-offs and running backwards if needed when on the attack, saw the Jets earn the nickname of the ‘Harlem Globetrotters of Rugby League’.

Supporters are encouraged to pre-purchase their tickets now at a discount price.

Paid parking will be available at a cost of $5 with entry via Walsh Street.

The Sea Eagles will also play a trial against the Cronulla Sharks at Remondis Stadium on Sunday, February 14.

Match Day times

Gates: 2.00pm

NYC Kick Off (Sea Eagles v Roosters): 2.05pm

NSW Cup Kick Off (Sea Eagles v Wyong): 4.00pm

NRL Kick Off (Sea Eagles v Jets): 6.00pm

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/01/05/three_big_games_at_p.html

All due respect to the Jets but may as well be Cromer under nines if we play our full squad....

Don't underestimate Ipswich, they're a well drilled side.

The Jets have lost Parcell (he's one of us now) and Marmin Barba from last years team. Two of their main strike weapons. Not sure who they have to replace them.

It should be a good hit out though. The Jets would obviously love to knock over an NRL side, just like in the old mid-week competition when teams from NSW Country and a Combined Brisbane side played against the Sydney teams. The 'invited' teams loved nothing more than winning those games. IIRC Brisbane even won the Panasonic Cup in 1984.

All due respect to the Jets but may as well be Cromer under nines if we play our full squad....
Can't agree there Jerry. I Obviously don't expect them to win. And they've lost five of their big guns. But they have replaced them with kids with mostly NRL experience.
I really do see the Walker bros as the next big thing. They know there's interest in them, they'll have these boys primed for this. Wether it's too soon for the new boys to get into the Ipswich groove time will tell?...I'm sure Parcel will lay down all the tricks, but knowing isn't the problem, how to stop them is? It'll be a great test for the Manly new boys and combinations. Make no mistake, they'll test us.

Ipswich Jets

Gains: Abraham Atallah (St George Illawarra Dragons), Jesse Roberts (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Maxwell Fesolai (Melbourne Storm), Kyle McConnell (North Queensland Cowboys), Rory Humphreys (Gold Coast Titans NYC), Kyle Blackman (year off)

Losses: Keiron Lander (retired), Matt Parcell (Manly Sea Eagles), Josh Cleeland (Cronulla Sharks), Kurt Capewell (Cronulla Sharks), Rod Griffin (Wests Tigers), Billy McConnachie (Wests Tigers), Carlin Anderson (Brisbane Broncos), Marmin Barba (rugby 7s)

Last edited:
The Jets play a very different style of football, whilst I would expect our full side might lap them remember also it's a trial so you'll probably only get the full side for maybe 20 minutes.

Should be very entertaining.

It's stupid playing the Jets.
They're a reserve grade side. We have nothing to gain from beating them and the media will be salivating, waiting for us to lose to them.
I hope this game isn't televised.

For Manly the mindset in trials is very different. It's not about winning as much as about preparing for winning, and about learning. The Jets on the other hand may play to win. Maybe there's something extra to be learned by engaging against the different style of the Jets?

I agree. Manly don't play trials to win but rather to learn.
I know that, you know that, even journalists know that.
What I'm saying is why give them another potential chance to bash us and stir the morons up?

People who read fan sites and know what they're talking about are a vast minority. Most of the dicks you encounter at work or socially have no clue. Trying to logically explain tactical reasons for doing things is met with the derision met by Luke Wilsons character in Idiocracy when he trys to explain himself.

The media are there to feed these idiots. I'd rather we don't get put in an awkward position. We'll still want a hitout against real opposition.

As we have seen from Jarrod Hayne's AMAZING pre season NFL form, pre season form means everything!

If we lose this trial to the Jets immediately back us to get the spoon. If we win, back us with everything you have to win that inter state game on GF day.

BTW - can't wait for this game. Will leave the kids at home and take the Mrs. Date night at Rat Park watching the footy - can't say I'm not the romantic type...

I agree. Manly don't play trials to win but rather to learn.
I know that, you know that, even journalists know that.
What I'm saying is why give them another potential chance to bash us and stir the morons up?

People who read fan sites and know what they're talking about are a vast minority. Most of the dicks you encounter at work or socially have no clue. Trying to logically explain tactical reasons for doing things is met with the derision met by Luke Wilsons character in Idiocracy when he trys to explain himself.

The media are there to feed these idiots. I'd rather we don't get put in an awkward position. We'll still want a hitout against real opposition.

Are you saying
1. We need to stop idiots acting like idiots
2. We need to stop the media acting like the media
3. The way to do this, given they are impervious to the truth, is to not play the Jets?

Are you saying
1. We need to stop idiots acting like idiots
2. We need to stop the media acting like the media
3. The way to do this, given they are impervious to the truth, is to not play the Jets?

1: We need to stop giving idiots ways to act like idiots. It's a better retalliation if they've dug their own hole rather than sharing in any of the causes.
2: Much like question 1. If we're trying to make them look stupid, it's best to keep a clean nose ourselves. They have the upper hand so we're at a disadvantage to start with.
3: This is an example of 1 situation that may be applied to points 1 and 2. Over the course of a year there will be many, many more.

1: We need to stop giving idiots ways to act like idiots. It's a better retalliation if they've dug their own hole rather than sharing in any of the causes.
2: Much like question 1. If we're trying to make them look stupid, it's best to keep a clean nose ourselves. They have the upper hand so we're at a disadvantage to start with.
3: This is an example of 1 situation that may be applied to points 1 and 2. Over the course of a year there will be many, many more.
Sounds like a lot of hard work is ahead of you Duff.

Nothing I can do about it except hope that more people see things my way.
We're on a hiding to nothing with this one. Not a position that one is wise to put oneself in.
Having said that, I intend to be there and hope that it serves its purposes well enough to offset the bad publicity it will attract.

Nothing I can do about it except hope that more people see things my way.
We're on a hiding to nothing with this one. Not a position that one is wise to put oneself in.
Having said that, I intend to be there and hope that it serves its purposes well enough to offset the bad publicity it will attract.
People play the Newtown Jets in trials all the time.

But they aren't Manly. They don't have the imbeciles at the tele and nein trying to bring them down, with the blessings of the NRL and the local council.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8