Piss him off to French Rugby

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I wouldn't miss him, plenty of time on his boat over there as well

"IT'S potentially one of the biggest signings in rugby league history - a Hollywood superstar and a boxing champion using all their persuasive power to lure Greg Inglis to the South Sydney Rabbitohs.
Just when it appeared certain that rugby league's best player would be going to the Broncos or French rugby union, Russell Crowe and Anthony Mundine step in with an audacious plan to deliver him to Redfern.

The Daily Telegraph understands part of the deal would involve Mundine paying up to $100,000 of Inglis' outstanding legal bills at Melbourne Storm, which have prevented him from getting a release to sign with the Broncos. The NRL insists it would still have to be included in Souths' cap.

It would be a similar gesture to when Mundine personally paid Sonny Bill Williams' release fee from the Bulldogs to play rugby union in France in return for him appearing in two fights on his boxing cards.

Crowe could not be contacted yesterday because he is overseas promoting his next movie but he has been hammering CEO Shane Richardson with daily emails, phone calls and text messages trying to get the deal over the line.

Richardson is normally happy to discuss anything about the Rabbitohs but not in this case. "I have no comment to make," he says to the first three questions before we challenge him about the difficulty of fitting the Maroons and Test centre under the salary cap.

"I always leave a bit of room to manoeuvre," he says, although not sounding overly convincing.

Surely the Rabbitohs could not possibly fit a $500,000-a-year player under the cap without having to shed one of their biggest names - possibly even skipper and prop Roy Asotasi, who has been rumoured to be on the outer.

Crowe has been trying to get Inglis to Souths for a while. They had spoken on several occasions long before the Storm salary cap crisis. Mundine is also regularly in contact with Inglis and was advising him when Andrew Johns referred to him as a "black c ... " in a Blues bonding session.

Inglis' manager Alan Gainey was also reluctant to comment when asked about the prospect of his blue-ribbon player wearing the red and green jersey.

"I suppose you could say it's 50-50 at the moment," Gainey said, "He admires Anthony Mundine, he's been speaking to him a lot, and Souths have seen a loophole because of the problems of getting a release from Storm."

The decision by Inglis to even consider playing for the Rabbitohs will stun rugby league followers who were of the understanding he had moved to the Broncos to be with his fiancee Sally Robinson, who was transferred from Melbourne to Brisbane by her employers mid-year.

In August, when he agreed to terms with the Broncos, Gainey told this newspaper: "He wants to buy a house in Brisbane with his girlfriend and settle down properly for the first time in his life.

"If his fiancee hadn't moved to Brisbane, he'd still be with her and playing for Melbourne next year."

Suddenly, the situation has changed since Crowe, Mundine and Mundine's own agent Khoder Nasser have become involved behind the scenes.

Nasser's involvement and his relationship with eccentric Toulon owner Mourad Boudjellal has fuelled speculation that French rugby union is both a lucrative and realistic option should the Souths or Broncos deals fall over.

NRL boss David Gallop spent much of yesterday trying to resolve the issue between the Broncos and the Storm over $113,000 of outstanding legal fees.

Both clubs are refusing to pay because it would be included as part of their 2011 salary caps. Storm CEO Ron Gauci says he is happy to release Inglis to Souths.

"We released him on compassionate grounds to go to Brisbane but Souths is fine by us as long as the legal bill gets paid," he said."

This is seriously funny.  

All those Souths supporters holding decades long grudges about Manly supposedly buying a premiership (when there wasn't a salary cap) are now eagerly supporting this?

Sweeeeet.

Rex link said:
This is seriously funny. 

All those Souths supporters holding decades long grudges about Manly supposedly buying a premiership (when there wasn't a salary cap) are now eagerly supporting this?

Sweeeeet.

LOL its awesome,we're the socalled silvertails but have signed almost noone
Dont you just love the opposition fans stupidity?

As if there isnt something funny going on over at Vermintown & schubert turning a blind eye to it all
crowe and his paper bag strikes again

Man up Inglis and pay your own ****ing legal bill, Brett has to

Ant80 link said:
For Souths to get Inglis they will have to punt Asotasi.

I would take Asotasi for Manly if he was available at the right price as souths would probably have to pay the balance of his contract. 

tookey link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=185904.msg305053#msg305053 date=1289017012]
For Souths to get Inglis they will have to punt Asotasi.

I would take Asotasi for Manly if he was available at the right price as souths would probably have to pay the balance of his contract. 
[/quote]

Imagine this - Asotasi comes to Manly on $55k for the first season (+ whatever Souths owe him) and then we pay him more the next season.
Kite decides to top up his 'retirement fund' and either heads off to the ESL or back to Canberra we then also pick up James Graham.
This would be my 2012 front row rotation
8. Graham
10. King
14. Asotasi
15. Rose

Other forward packs would **** their collective pant's if they all manage to play to there full potential

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I wouldn't miss him, plenty of time on his boat over there as well

\"IT'S potentially one of the biggest signings in rugby league history - a Hollywood superstar and a boxing champion using all their persuasive power to lure Greg Inglis to the South Sydney Rabbitohs.
Just when it appeared certain that rugby league's best player would be going to the Broncos or French rugby union, Russell Crowe and Anthony Mundine step in with an audacious plan to deliver him to Redfern.

The Daily Telegraph understands part of the deal would involve Mundine paying up to $100,000 of Inglis' outstanding legal bills at Melbourne Storm, which have prevented him from getting a release to sign with the Broncos. The NRL insists it would still have to be included in Souths' cap.

It would be a similar gesture to when Mundine personally paid Sonny Bill Williams' release fee from the Bulldogs to play rugby union in France in return for him appearing in two fights on his boxing cards.

Crowe could not be contacted yesterday because he is overseas promoting his next movie but he has been hammering CEO Shane Richardson with daily emails, phone calls and text messages trying to get the deal over the line.

Richardson is normally happy to discuss anything about the Rabbitohs but not in this case. \"I have no comment to make,\" he says to the first three questions before we challenge him about the difficulty of fitting the Maroons and Test centre under the salary cap.

\"I always leave a bit of room to manoeuvre,\" he says, although not sounding overly convincing.

Surely the Rabbitohs could not possibly fit a $500,000-a-year player under the cap without having to shed one of their biggest names - possibly even skipper and prop Roy Asotasi, who has been rumoured to be on the outer.

Crowe has been trying to get Inglis to Souths for a while. They had spoken on several occasions long before the Storm salary cap crisis. Mundine is also regularly in contact with Inglis and was advising him when Andrew Johns referred to him as a \"black c ... \" in a Blues bonding session.

Inglis' manager Alan Gainey was also reluctant to comment when asked about the prospect of his blue-ribbon player wearing the red and green jersey.

\"I suppose you could say it's 50-50 at the moment,\" Gainey said, \"He admires Anthony Mundine, he's been speaking to him a lot, and Souths have seen a loophole because of the problems of getting a release from Storm.\"

The decision by Inglis to even consider playing for the Rabbitohs will stun rugby league followers who were of the understanding he had moved to the Broncos to be with his fiancee Sally Robinson, who was transferred from Melbourne to Brisbane by her employers mid-year.

In August, when he agreed to terms with the Broncos, Gainey told this newspaper: \"He wants to buy a house in Brisbane with his girlfriend and settle down properly for the first time in his life.

\"If his fiancee hadn't moved to Brisbane, he'd still be with her and playing for Melbourne next year.\"

Suddenly, the situation has changed since Crowe, Mundine and Mundine's own agent Khoder Nasser have become involved behind the scenes.

Nasser's involvement and his relationship with eccentric Toulon owner Mourad Boudjellal has fuelled speculation that French rugby union is both a lucrative and realistic option should the Souths or Broncos deals fall over.

NRL boss David Gallop spent much of yesterday trying to resolve the issue between the Broncos and the Storm over $113,000 of outstanding legal fees.

Both clubs are refusing to pay because it would be included as part of their 2011 salary caps. Storm CEO Ron Gauci says he is happy to release Inglis to Souths.

\"We released him on compassionate grounds to go to Brisbane but Souths is fine by us as long as the legal bill gets paid,\" he said.\"
Rugby Leagues best player ??? ???Greg Inglis ??? ??? ???

Does anyone know if Souths have 2 sets of books?? Surely they cannot fit Inglis under the cap legit. Personally, Asotasi is past his best anyway, lets keep our eyes on James Graham, he is probably the only English player worthy of a NRL contract.

Gazza link said:
Does anyone know if Souths have 2 sets of books?? Surely they cannot fit Inglis under the cap legit. Personally, Asotasi is past his best anyway, lets keep our eyes on James Graham, he is probably the only English player worthy of a NRL contract.
Totally agree.
Don't you think it funny that the reason Ingliss gave for moving to Brisbane was to be with his girlfriend.
What: has she started a job at Redfern?

What a dog he is.  My only wish with Inglis is he determines he wants to play origin for NSW, as he is not fit to wear a Qld Origin jumper.

One thing that's bothered me about all the stuff about Inglis's legal fees (and who will pay them) has been the continued references to his "successful defence" of charges. He accepted a diversion order, didn't he, but no conviction was recorded? Is that truly "successful"?

Honestly, even if Souths dump Asotasi to fit Inglis in you would have to wonder if that's going to do it. Asotasi would have to be on a declining contract from this point on and I could hardly see Greg 'My Boat' Inglis accepting that kind of treatment. I would guess that taking him would mean shedding other players in the future, plus not being able to offer upgrades to players who have been promised them, ie. our english buddy.

If Manly had a smart CEO, we'd be talking to them now about a package deal. We give them one or two of our lower end "potential" players, and we look at acquiring either Dave Taylor and / or Sam Burgess.

That then frees them up salary cap.

That being said, I'd expect GL to be in holiday mode.

We got a good deal with the Bani / Farrar exchange, surely something could be done. Use Beaver to get Burgess.

Give them say Matt Cross and a prospect.

Ryan link said:
If Manly had a smart CEO, we'd be talking to them now about a package deal. We give them one or two of our lower end \"potential\" players, and we look at acquiring either Dave Taylor and / or Sam Burgess.

That then frees them up salary cap.

That being said, I'd expect GL to be in holiday mode.

We got a good deal with the Bani / Farrar exchange, surely something could be done. Use Beaver to get Burgess.

Give them say Matt Cross and a prospect.

Solid thinking Ryan, but absolutely zero chance of ever happening. They are building a pack around those guys and wouldn't let them go

It would be like Souths approaching us and saying we want Jamie Lyon, for him we will give you Luke Capewell, Jamie Simpson and Junior Vaivai

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4