1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phil Rothfield Blog Part 2

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Rambo1987, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    Phil Rothfield
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at 01:15am 

Sorry Dragons fans but I can’t see the red and whites making the top four this year.

Why? I don’t think they’ve done enough in recruitment, choosing to sit back while rival clubs were far more active on the player market.

I also think Manly will miss out on the top four.

Join me at 1pm today to discuss the premiership hopes of the Dragons, Sea Eagles, Titans and Sharks.

I look forward to your questions and comments.

Also check out yesterday’s blog where I revealed why the Tigers, Cowboys, Panthers and Broncos won’t make the eight.

My ladder so far is:

5th Manly

6th Dragons

7th Titans

8th Sharks

9th: Cowboys

10th Tigers

11th Panthers

12th Broncos

13th Raiders

14th Roosters

15th Knights

16th Warriors

2. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 72
    I think the Titians may have a good crack at the top 4 after last years experience and getting Bird etc

3. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    I can't see the Broncos, Knights or Warriors being as far down as he has them.

I don't even know Sharks supporters that think they'll make the eight.

Souths in the top four is going a bit far you'd think, before round 1 even.

4. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 72
    All I know is that every year there are teams they perform better than expected and teams that have a c#nt of a year for one reason or another.  Rothfield's opinion is a good as any other mug at this time of the year.

Unless you have a crystal ball to let you know of future injuries/suspensions/rep commitments/coaching dramas you are talking through your arse as to what the final Top 8 or wodden spooners will be.

5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I'd be backing Tigers, Panthers, or Cowboys to take the Sharks spot in the 8.

6. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    I want to know if Phil Rothfield is Dan's alter ego.

7. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/buzzwords/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/making_the_top_eight/

8. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74
    5th :)

I am going for 7th this year

9. larry tate II

larry tate II Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Looks like he has Souths in the 4. Also seems that he is doing a great job of kissing Crowe's arse,similar to the joker on Channel 9.Crowe one of the 10 most influenctial people in the game? Spare me...

10. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Hayne, Marshall and Burgess, you'd think they were the only ones playing the game if you read the Telegraph.

11. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    LOL at the Tigers paying Marshall mega-bucks for another 4 years.  I wonder how many missed tackles, bung shoulders and ineffectual goose-steps he can fit into that period?

12. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I agree. I don't harbour Benji any ill-will but when I read about his 4 year deal I just thought "Suckers!". He rarely delivers and that ties up a fortune with little prospect of the Tiges being a genuine premiership threat. Sweet!

13. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    I agree. I don't harbour Benji any ill-will but when I read about his 4 year deal I just thought "Suckers!". He rarely delivers and that ties up a fortune with little prospect of the Tiges being a genuine premiership threat. Sweet!
    [/quote]

As soon as Scott Prince left the club that went further bacwards