Phil Gould Prediction

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Apparently at the end of the Friday night game, Gus was asked who would play in the Grand Final. He basically said that noone had put their hand up yet but when pressed, named Manly as one team who he predicted would play in the big one.

Interesting prediction, this far out.

Freddy said Manly v Roosters would be the most entertaining GF on the Roast today, their speed and movement v our physicality

MG also rated Manly right up there

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Freddy said Manly v Roosters would be the most entertaining GF on the Roast today, their speed and movement v our physicality

MG also rated Manly right up there

The big man tipped Manly today as well.

I wonder if they'd say the same thing if we hadn't won in 08 ie:  if they had no past form to go off

Canteen Worker link said:
Apparently at the end of the Friday night game, Gus was asked who would play in the Grand Final. He basically said that noone had put their hand up yet but when pressed, named Manly as one team who he predicted would play in the big one.

Interesting prediction, this far out.
I was going to talk about this but you beat me to it. (I know I was a bit slow.) Anyway, a great subject for my first post here!

Like you all, I was pleasantly surprised to hear Gus's prediction on Friday night -and when asked who Manly would oppose, his answer was "someone"! Then I also heard Freddy on the Roast today predicting we'll be in the GF and was amazed, especially as we're not in the top 4.....yet. Well, hope they're both right! 

remember this time last year, we were in a similar position to where we are now. We were 2nd favourites to win the comp and were sitting in about 6th position. Last year was a lesson that you have to finish in the top 4 to have a chance. As a first round semi final loss, can often mean an early exit. So although we might be one of the best sides, we have to get a high position on the table to realistically be any chance.

Love or hate Gus, he knows what he is talking about. We are highly faniced by alot of people because, apart from the cheaters, for the last few years we have been the most dominant team at the business end of the season. We have the coach, we have the experience and we have the game that suits semi final football, tough and in your face. Even if we don't make the top 4, I still fancy our chances. The key being that we play to our ability.

Down to sixth is OK this year.  Last year we had the ridiculous scene where Parramatta came through on the 'Hayne' miracle, when no one wanted to tackle or kick away from him.  That's certainly gone now.  We were suffering a post GF win, when all our players thought just turning up would do it for them.  And there's no overpaid team in the comp.  (discounting Souths)       

Going on form by the top 8 teams this week , no one showed any promise except for the Roosters.
Warriors got done , Parra looked shiite without Hayne firing , Broncos and Dragons was a bore of a game. Souths are shot ducks.
Out of all the teams in contention Roosters and Manly are showing the most flare late in the season. We seem to be peaking along with the chooks and the rest seem to be fading.
That said , if we cant beat newcastle tonight then.....

Oh and I dont think the Panthers will have much bite in the finals and the Tigers ....screw the divers...wont get close either.

How long has it been since the Roosters played semi final football? It's been a while I think. We have the edge over most teams, Our experince in semi's will play a big role.

Chooks made the top 4 in 2008, the Warriors knocked them out in a brutal game in week 2 before we knocked the Warriors out in week 3

Speaking of that Roosters/Warriors game, the Ruben Wiki run that knocked out Soliola will long live in the memory

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Chooks made the top 4 in 2008, the Warriors knocked them out in a brutal game in week 2 before we knocked the Warriors out in week 3

Speaking of that Roosters/Warriors game, the Ruben Wiki run that knocked out Soliola will long live in the memory

Yes what a collision, memorable indeed.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4