• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Had a bad feeling all game it would be a final 10min loss. Will happily bank the 2 though on the back of an average effort.

Quite simply tonight we tried to play too fancy, didn't do the hard work first before spreading the ball. We also seemed to change a bit of a structure that has always worked for us and moved watmough closer to the centre, we should be using him wider

A lot of players were a touch off tonight

Robbo was outstanding, man of the match easily, classy game all round. Matai supported him well. Lyon made crucial plays as well
Am a fan of wolfmans style of play and like seeing him back.

Am I right in thinking we didn't use mauro ?

We can't have asked for more going into the bye in 3rd spot, with no floggings at all.

Just watching and glenn got man of the match, awful call by whoever made that

Having said that I did enjoy the spray he gave a few people there

yeh a game that we will look back on at the end of the season and thank god that we actually got the two points. I was always thinking that it would be one of those away games that we would lose on the bell by a poor referee call or a stupid play by one of our players. In the end we grinded out the win and just looked a class above the Titans. At the start of the season i would not have thought that we would be equal second at this stage. And is it just me or are we lucky to be equal second? We haven't played THAT well. Oh well i'll take it. It can only be a good thing being so high up the ladder with so much improvement left in us. Can that be said for the Dragons or Storm?

One thing for sure is we look alot better with Snake in the side. I hope to god he can get over his injuries soon as he is a massive asset to our side.

We got roughed up a bit tonight. Was so shocked when Watmough took that bomb!

Not a pretty win but the boys did well to stick it out.

I watched the last 5 minutes with my hands over my eyes, I also had the feeling we would drop it in the last minute! I know it sounds stupid but sometimes i get the feeling Des likes winning close ones in an ugly way.
I loved his press conference when he said we are rolling along nicely followed by a little smile

Gold Coast games are always like this.........

Always close, alway comes to the last 5 mins.

I think they are a very fit team, just not that skilled.

Take the win here, good to bank some close ones after being robbed some close ones.

3rd going into the bye with no origin players other than King who will run at a brick wall all day. I'd have signed for that at the start of the season!!!

..and to think, Saints will have 8 players in origin to get bashed up for an extra 3 games and we are just two games behind them!

GO MANLY

They tried to muscle us out of the game but like any footy team with heart and character we absorbed it and stayed on top. They threw all they had at us and we just rode it out.

Wasn't our best game but we still pushed on through

We are showing that we are a gutsy gritty team who can take any punishment and give as good as we get. I just hope it's not going to take too a high a toll on guys like Foran,DCE,Buhrer and Hoppa Jr. Dont forget they are all still kids learning their way in the NRL. Very proud of how they toughed it out tonight.

I really like the way Manly set up their gameplan this year.

They play very tight, rely on grinding and dont take too many risks. A lot like 07 and 08.

Obviously it gets wins...

But this team is obviously not 07 and 08, but are building to it. If they stay healthy and keep their depth, with the spread of strong players in this team they might be able to sneak in or even win a gf as they come up against tired opponents in the finals.

Contrast Manly to the way the Roosters played yesterday. They threw the game around all day like a bunch of idiots, and while they did look dangerous they were beaten by the grinding team that held their line.

I'm delighted with the gameplan this year, wouldnt want it any other way.

NY Eagle

And the scoreline flattered the Old Coasters somewhat. How di they miss Greg Tird's attempt at playing the ball in the lead-up to Prince's try or the forward pass in their second try?

I don't know if it was a specific game plan with all the short passing at the line, but there seemed to be an over abundance of it tonight from everyone. Only Smokin Joe seemed interested in bashing it up the middle. Wolfman's defence was a bit suss for mine. Kicking game all round was pretty good tonight.

How bad was the Titans passing game though ? bloody hell it was like watching under 8's at times, big loopy passes, passes behind the ball runners. It was shocking.

Take the 2 points up there every time, doesn't have to be pretty as long as it's a win. Looking good for everyone to get a bit of a rest up and only Kingy in Origin, so should be able to freshen up nicely.

Good gutsy win.On tagatesi (spelling ??)-he hits hard,but a lot of them are late.Sure he lines the bloke up while he has the ball,but,he'll end up in trouble in the long run for late hits.All his hits seem to be on DCE and Foran,He would seem to be a "cat" hitter,targeting smaller players.

Tagatese gave me the ****s,he is a massive ordinary player who couldnt hit a man his size if his life depended on it,complete coward imo

Got fiesty towards the end which must have excited some,i loved seeing Matai hit someone after the last few rounds of tackling

Phantar said:
And the scoreline flattered the Old Coasters somewhat. How di they miss Greg Tird's attempt at playing the ball in the lead-up to Prince's try or the forward pass in their second try?

Dad and I saw two forward passes for that 'try'.

Utility Player said:
On a side note how tough is Foran. He got belted deluxe tonight but kept on coming.

Did Tagatese put a hit on any forwards?

As tough as nails, with the heart as big as an ox. He got smashed passing at the line 3 times by Tagatese and Tagatese is a big unit.

Must be sore today.. how long can he keeping playing with such aggression towards opposition forwards?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7