• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Did anyone else collect the Sunday/Daily Telegraph footy card set?

No Brett Stewart card???????  But they have one for Finch in Eels colours.

If you consider they are 2009 cards, and they are looking at the 12 players having the biggest role in the team for the said specific year, then Brett Stewart probably shouldn't be there (injury wise only).

If they have done it because they have found him guilty before trial, then they can go an get....well you know.

Ryan link said:
If they have done it because they have found him guilty before trial, then they can go an get....well you know.

Agree Ryan if that was the case ? then it would be a low act.
But as it seems he's already guilty as far as Gallop & the media are concerned.

Ryan link said:
If you consider they are 2009 cards, and they are looking at the 12 players having the biggest role in the team for the said specific year, then Brett Stewart probably shouldn't be there (injury wise only).

Is Neumann in the pack of cards?

The whole thing about leaving Brett out of the cards is reminiscent of the Australia Post stamp collection from earlier on in the year.

Ryan link said:

Having Finch in Eels colours and all players that switched clubs photgraphed in studio/training gear would suggest the cards were prepared prior to the start of the season where it was obvious Stewart was a significant part of the side.

It looks to me that they've pulled the card after they were prepared. 

Who cares??

The only one to blame for that is Brett Stewart. Shouldn't have got that pissed... should have just gone home to bed.

Nutzcraw link said:
Who cares??

The only one to blame for that is Brett Stewart. Shouldn't have got that pissed... should have just gone home to bed.
  Like you always do?

I pretty much do.

Can't think off the top of my head when I've been too pissed, got home to find a chick sitting out the front and gone over and touched her against her will, or playfully tackled her or stuck my tongue down her throat or however the story goes.

I realise if he is in the bad then it is out of character but I don't think you can be upset at anyone for taking the cards out. If they put them in then most people will probably have a spit anyway... leave them out and the issue is basically non existant. The only one to blame is Brett Stewart

I got three Jason King cards in my pack.  

Its just as well because I have just about licked his photo off the first card and the second card is a bit soggy now.  

Got to disgree with you nuts.  When you have had a few drinks and come home to see a rugged front rower sitting on the front fence dressed in only his Manly shorts and blue singlet of course I am going to stick the tongue in.  After all I am only human.  

Kingyfan, I'll send you my King card.  Several dart holes in it shouldn't bother you too much should it?  Should be just the right size for your purposes.  ;)

Stewy's treatment has been ordinary by the NRL. Its like a line has been struck through his name for everything.

Makes me wonder if the NRL feel the girls got a big case against him.

The NRL haven't forgiven him for stuffing up the footage on that monkey chant song about one night stands.  I wonder what they'd do if Wess Carr was ever accused of anything untoward?  Treat him like Friend at the Roosters?

Yes the truth fo why gallop has it in for Brett is solely because he stuffed up their big budget advertising program for the year.

Brett was told that he would be the face of the NRL but was never asked if he wanted to be.  He didn't have a choice.     

I'm longing for the day when Inglis stuffs up to see what happens to him.  It's inevitable, he's getting a very big head. 

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7