Peters on the Stewart Case

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan

Interesting read in the latest Rugby League Player Magazine.
I don't know if you guys have seen the mag, but they do a club in focus each issue, and they had us this issue. Spoke to Zorb, Lowey, Kingy and Dessie, not a bad read at all. Probably worth the buy. Interesting article on Zorb, he mentioned how Gallop called the board ten times that night they selected Stewart in the Round on side against the Dogs - still makes the blood boil for me, shows Gallop never gave him the chance from day one I think.

Has anyone else seen it, I think there's also a piece on Georgy in it and he's on the bottom of the front cover?

Last edited by a moderator:
Brett was charged a week before 2009 game one against the Dogs, the league put pressure on Manly to stand him down and the papers printed stuff that could have only come from the father of the 'alleged victim'. It has now been proved in court to be fabrication but it didn't stop the Daily Telegraph from printing it. Gallop was trying to control the damage to the Season Launch, pulled Brett from the TV adds and tryed to put pressure on Manly.

The club and Des, having talked to Brett, something Gallop never did, insisted that Brett was innocent till proven guilty and should play for Manly.

Gallop says he is happy with how he reacted but basically he believed fraudulent evidence from a father who is rumoured to have called the papers before he called the police.

He owes Brett Stewart an apology and Manly should be refunded the fine paid to the League.

Sadly schmucks like Rebecca Wilson are still printing fantasy on the whole thing, without researching the evidence presented in court and used to clear Brett. We now know that he was entirely innocent and that the claims against him were totally fallacious. Gallop assumed guilt and so has blood on his hands. Credibility = Zero!!!

Jatz Crackers said:
Thanks manlyfan. Could you expand a bit on gallops 10 phone calls to the board ?

Zorb pretty much said that the night the board met to discuss the team for that Round one match (I believe it was on the Tuesday), Gallop continuously rang the board telling the club not to pick him and to suspend him, however Zorb said that the club never would have made that move, and if they did, he would have quit the club..

Yeah, article reads that Zorb would have. The stuff on all the boys is pretty interesting though. Lowey comes across as really down to earth but passionate..

Reads that Zorb would have quit the club. The stuff on the guys is pretty interesting too. Lowey comes across as really down to earth but also passionate..

maybe australia post can reprint our team stamps with stewart included in them,he was left out of the Australia Post manly stamps,because of the alleged BS.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6