1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petero To Broncos for 2012

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by bob dylan, Jul 26, 2011.

1. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    Panthers released him according to nrl.com[hr]
    What great job Gus is doing there.

The damage so far

1 Sacked Matt Elliott

2 Ticked off all players by not giving Georgalis a crack before signing Cleary.

3 They lose there best player in Petero.

Great start Phil. I wonder when they will start ruing the ridiculous decision to appoint him. It may take 4 or 5 early losses next year, who knows.

2. bob dylan

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130

Rumour has it more big names want out from the Panffers. We could find a spot for McKendry and Lewis.

3. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    As silly as it may seem i can see what he is doing.

The guy would be on a packet and is at the end of his career, yes, he is their best player but chances of his form slipping during his next contract would be high.

With the money he'll free up from pertro they'll lock in a few younger forwards / juniors.

4. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    i also think petro has been too out spoken during this whole thing

great player great role model but mate know your place you are the captain not the CEO

5. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    The more disruption in all the other 15 teams the better. Manly cruising along nicely under a gods country radar.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    meh, if I were a man in Gusses position I would be taking a broom to the club.

If players start whinging about coach appointments etc, then they are free to go elsewhere, it is not for them to dictate

7. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    What was that stuff last week about Petero having a job for life at Penrith.

Then again a week is probaly about the average out there.

8. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    That's just saved the riffs about 450k for next year.

9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    Another back-ended deal?

10. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 7
    I thought one of the reasons Elliott fell out of favour with the powers that be at riff was that he was very outspoken about the lack of investment in their juniors etc. He gets punted and they then look at the juniors situation.

11. bob dylan

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    The broom to the club has been such a success at the Doggies.

The greatest asset any business has is generally its workers. A failure to realise that fact can be fatal.

12. Mickyjuice

Mickyjuice Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think the fact Penriff played 2 finals games in 5 years, with probably one of the best forward packs in the NRL is a big enough reason to get rid of Matt Elliot. He's much better on the footy shows than he is at coaching.

Petero is a great prop, and easily one of the best in attack, but he is slow in defence, and gets found out.

13. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Mate it sounds like Petero asked for the release. I don't think he was asked to leave. Obviously there is a personality clash or some other problem here but i can't see Penrith sacking the current Australian and Qld prop. In saying that, it'll probably free up alot of salary cap space for them too.

14. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    its a good decision really. Penrith are blessed with props , Grant , mckendry, bell and that youg guy on the weekend that looked like matt goodwin went well. To lose a 35 yo prop on top coin is a good decision. The signing of cleary should ensure they can pick up another monster from NZ if they needed one. They need quality playmakers and will never attract one until they put a decent offer together

15. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    I'm pretty sure I heard last week petrols Mrs was heading back to Brisbane aswell, maybe that has something to do with it too

16. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    I'm pretty sure I heard last week petrols Mrs was heading back to Brisbane aswell, maybe that has something to do with it too

17. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    he has 2 mrs, both heading back to brisbane. awkward

18. patorick2010

patorick2010 Active Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    Hope he's fit for Round 25.

Would be good too see him one last time at Brookie.