Peter Spray interim CEO?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane link said:
Agree 110% Vidmar...there's no doubting that (eventually) the truth in all this may come out. This political \"game\" (and that's what it has been) has many twists and turns BUT I think for people on this forum to come out being critical of people that they probably don't know, probably have never spoken to and the only source of information is this or other forums.....is a bit rich.

Unlike you and I who have taken the time to ring these people, get to know these people and form opinions based on direct contact most of the forumites just post inuendo and hearsay.

These are real people, all of whom are passionate about our club and all of whom spend countless hours getting paid zilch (nada, not a zac) and until this all comes out I think we need to remain calm and at least let the due processes take place...and bagging the crap out of people is quite uneccesary!

IF (and there's nothing officially announced yet) Peter is the Interim CEO, he will do nothing other than the due processes required to get us through to the end of the season, I think it's only fair for everyine to a least allow that to happen!!

Deadset turn it up.

Who ever said I or others weren't informed. 

I've known one particular board member for 17 years. 
Then I just look at the runs on the board. 

As I see it you're the one in the fact free zone.  Spouting off that the board may well have voted completely the other way.  Based on what? Look at the runs on the board.   

Sometimes being too close ain't good either Mark, it means you lose perspective. 

Gronk,
Are you referring to the fact (FACT) that the Football Club and Leagues club board reps said that they would abstain from any vote on the future of Grant Mayer to allow the major owner representatives to sort it out between themselves.....?

Or are you refering to the fact (FACT) that Grant Mayer resigned - there was no vote on his future by the board of the Sea Eagles since he was asked to submit a business plan?

Or is it the fact (FACT) there are or have been a number of people posting on here that are still vague on the set up of the Sea Eagle family and people like myself, Mark and others are spending time trying to help people understand what is going on and why and dispel many of the myths and half truths/Telegraph quotes that are not helping?

Or is there something else that you would like to put on the table that we may not know?

Have you spoken to the board member that you've known for 17 years and got their take on what has been happening?

I'm not trying to do the big "I am" so sorry if it comes over that way...BUT there are people that are in the dark and wondering how our club can be in the position it is in and I'm fortunate to be able to ask people and get both sides of stories and happy to share as best I can...As is Mark, Corso and the others that are contributing constructively....

Hi Mark and Vid, my problem is that too many in this thing have said one thing to one audience but another to others. Also their actions have not supported their words. Like the board members justifying their actions initially on a threat that some (read Mayer/Penn) had an agenda to move the club to the Central Coast when this was simply not true. The business plan has always been a red herring and it has been 'news' for a long time that Mayer is on the outer, no matter what anyone says.

Many of us have some contact inside the club and are very disturbed with what we continue to hear.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=180759.msg227860#msg227860 date=1245236317]
A bright young solicitor who acts for the various boards.....it would be Interim only.

VERY nice guy, smart and exceptionally passionate about the Sea Eagles!!

Good choice for a short period of time!!
  I take it he gives you a lot of assistance with your business?
[/quote]

I was the one on MWSE tookey was referring too. I posted in the afternoon prior to Mayers resignation being accepted that Peter Spray would be the CEO until a permanent replacement was found. How did I know this? I met Peter at the pre-match function in Brisbane and had a lengthy conversation with him.
I found him to be intelligent and passionate. Does that mean he helps with my business?

Gronk

Thanks for the "beat up" mate really appreciate that.

All I am trying to do is provide a balanced debate to this.

I think you will agree that "most" people posting on the numerous forums are just reading stuff in the papers, and what other people are saying on those very forums.

What Vidmar and I are trying to do is make sure people here from all sides.

I have had a LOT of contact with Grant in recent times, in fact spoke to him for over 30 minutes last Saturday night.........so you can't do better than that from that faction.

I have also taken the time to ring Bob Reilly the Football Club Chairman and spoke to him for about the same time, so that's another side to the story.

Sadly I dont have an "in" with Delmeges, I have met Max and a few of his sons but never really sat down and discussed the "nitty gritty" as such.

So my opinions and information are NOT coming from the Daily Telecrap, or the Sragnay pages in the SMH, they are provided from as close to the inside story as one can get.

AND

All I want to see is a balanced point of view coming across.

FACT

I was told that the board had to vote 75% for the retension or sacking of Grant Mayer...there are only 7 votes, that means that SIX out of the SEVEN voters would have had to vote for Grant to stay (or be sacked)......being that the fued was between The Delmeges and Grant, and they have TWO votes...do your sums!!

The Football Club vote was in fact meaningless!!!!

All I know lads, is I'm glad Des is professional enough to keep the boys focused. Bring on The Raiders !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4