Peter Spray interim CEO?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Someone has just posted on MSE that they have heard that Peter Spray from the leagues club will be the interim CEO.

FMD is this is true.

A bright young solicitor who acts for the various boards.....it would be Interim only.

VERY nice guy, smart and exceptionally passionate about the Sea Eagles!!

Good choice for a short period of time!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
A bright young solicitor who acts for the various boards.....it would be Interim only.

I take it he gives you a lot of assistance with your business?

I looked at the annual report and he does not look that young.  Are you thinking of another guy on the board with the surname Bryant?  He is a Solicitor and looks pretty young. 

Mark from Brisbane link said:

Sorry Mark I didn't realise that it was you who posted the comment on MSE about Spray as posible interim CEO untiol I checked again. 

The Peter Spray that I know is about late forties/early fifties and I think is an accountant.  You might be confused with Peter bryant who I think is a solicitor and probably in his twenties.  

Peter Spray is the CEO of the Leagues Club
Mark, you are thinking of Peter Bryant?
Peter Bryant is on the FC board, The Leagues Club board and their representative on the Sea Eagles board

The League's club is in financial difficulty, membership is down (and they accuse the Football Club and Screaming Eagles as the reason for that), they have no patroneage apart from football days, the place is delapitated, old, out-dated, the food services stink....

Yep, Spray is the man to run our football operations.

Whoops have them the wrong way around.......have met Peter Spray as well and seems as though he is very switched on as well.

Matas

Just because I make a positive comment about someone doesn't mean I am in their back pocket or they are in mine.....you have some serious issues mate I think you need some Ray Hadley "counseling".

Is it not a fair comment to say you have met someone and they seem to be a reasonable choice for an "INTERIM" period???

All the club needs is someone who can "keep the chair warm" until a suitable person is found long term!!

Oh and by the way, if I knew them and thought they'd be good for the job I'd say so as well!!

Ryan link said:
The League's club is in financial difficulty, membership is down (and they accuse the Football Club and Screaming Eagles as the reason for that), they have no patroneage apart from football days, the place is delapitated, old, out-dated, the food services stink....

Yep, Spray is the man to run our football operations.

Totally agree Ryan.  We have all watched the leagues club deteriorate over the past 25 years and the only people to blame are the leagues club management.  

To have anyone associated with the leagues club having anything to do with the football team is unbelievable.  I wonder if the club caterers now run the food at the ground becayuse it has been terrible this year

Peter Spray?  Both as Leagues club & Sea Eagles top dog?  Following the Dennis Fitzgerald model of entrenched, unaccountable and complexly intertwined political power structures?

VERY short term please.

Rex link said:
Peter Spray?  Both as Leagues club & Sea Eagles top dog?   Following the Dennis Fitzgerald model of entrenched, unaccountable and complexly intertwined political power structures?

VERY short term please.

Not top dog (There are 2 majority and one other shareholder)
Not unaccountable (reports to the Chairman)
Not entrenched (Short term due to the resignation of the incumbent)
If both majority owners were happy for him to be in the chair (if in fact it is the case as I've seen nothing official to say Peter Spray is the temporary CEO?) then it would suggest they are happy that there will be no power play?

Hey vids.  A tad extreme interpretation of what was said.  Those terms were referring to Fitzy, not Spray.  And pointing to a direction, not a destination already reached. And pointing to foreseeable dangers, not current actualities.

And if you challenge who is top dog, looking for a higher one and say think Delmege is a top dog, then he too is answerable to his customers - unless he wants bankruptcy.  And they to their wives.  It's a matter of practicalities, Spray would be responsible for the day to day decision making, albeit that a board may look from a strategic point of view, and have their periodic meetings, and very occasionally a Chairman intervenes.

The point is the club won't exist without supporters, and it seems timely for the empowered supporters to stand up and be counted, to demand answers. THAT is the accountability referred to.  Not some boys club "accountability".  Or do you disagree?

Don't disagree at all Rex....I make many sacrifices and spend a huge chunk of time and money supporting the team, travelling around country and doing what volunteer work I can to assist as best I can from stuffing envelopes with member packs to ticking peoples names off on the supporters bus, to selling T shirts to raise money for ground developments etc etc.

I'm not quoting that to say how good I am but rather to demonstrate that I have the best interest of the club at heart and as a supporter keen to do what I can to help and get involved.

It's fair to say I'm pretty passionate about the team and all that goes with it.

So I'm as pissed off as many on here and in the wider community (perhaps more so!) in what should be a blue ribbon year for us that since we won the WCC has turned in to the season from hell

Yes, people do need to be able to get involved and have a say....At the risk of being repetitive...posting on here and running YART after YART quoting half truths and heresay means diddly squat and will achieve half of that...People need to empower themselves and get involved, come up with ideas that are constructive and well thought out...be pro-active in recruiting their friends and family to become members and to contribute financially, ask for facts from those making decisions on their behalf and as well informed supporters if they are not happy with the way things are going from that then do something about it?

Too many are willing to wail and moan but not do anything tangible about it - Save up your pennies and join the Football Club - phone the leagues club on 02 9939 6722 to join up over the phone (need credit card) or to get them to send you an application form.

The Football Club is the only entity and shareholder on the board of the Sea Eagles that is ultimately responsible to members and the only way we can have a realistic input on the running and direction of the club.

I know Peter Spray and like him as a person...he is Manly through and through and has done a good job in turning around the fortunes of the Leagues Club - I'm guessing if he was offered the caretaker role it is something that he will do to the best of his abilities and for the betterment of the club and if the board are happy with him being there then it is a start until a new permanent CEO is found (GM is still there for a month to wrap up a few things)

Too many people taking pot shots here, there and everywhere looking for blame rather than taking the initiative and doing something about it......

Agree 110% Vidmar...there's no doubting that (eventually) the truth in all this may come out. This political "game" (and that's what it has been) has many twists and turns BUT I think for people on this forum to come out being critical of people that they probably don't know, probably have never spoken to and the only source of information is this or other forums.....is a bit rich.

Unlike you and I who have taken the time to ring these people, get to know these people and form opinions based on direct contact most of the forumites just post inuendo and hearsay.

These are real people, all of whom are passionate about our club and all of whom spend countless hours getting paid zilch (nada, not a zac) and until this all comes out I think we need to remain calm and at least let the due processes take place...and bagging the crap out of people is quite uneccesary!

IF (and there's nothing officially announced yet) Peter is the Interim CEO, he will do nothing other than the due processes required to get us through to the end of the season, I think it's only fair for everyine to a least allow that to happen!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6