1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peter Sharp

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Chip and Chase, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Sharp is now defensive coach at Parramatta.

Parramatta have the best defensive record in the league, just ahead of the Storm and the Broncos.

What does that say about his time with us when we played a "revolving door" defensive pattern.

2. lasvegas

lasvegas Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    does it suggest that the northern eagles were doomed regardless of who played or coached.

3. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I think so, I believe there were forces within the admin and outside who never wanted it to work. Can I suggest a cash grab?

4. lasvegas

lasvegas Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
  5. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Can I be as bold to suggest that Arko was the architect of the JV forming and dismantling?

6. lasvegas

lasvegas Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    i'm sure he was ,along with bozo,i am sure bozo was an unsettling aspect of the JV.

7. SilentBob

SilentBob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Peter Sharp has always had a great football mind, I think his only problem was best put by Terry Hill, no people skills.

8. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +490 / 6
    I have always believed that it was the puppet master's (Arko's) most devious plan ever

9. lasvegas

lasvegas Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    time will tell bradza if indeed he was right in doing what he did.

10. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +490 / 6
    It was dirty business. Its righteousness is debatable but gee I'm glad he did it.

11. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    I always thought Peter Sharps effort in getting us 1 game from the semis in 2002 was unbelievable after the dismantling of the JV at the end of 2001. Don't forget he had no team for 2002 until Nov/Dec of 2001.

He also had no money and no support staff to work with. At the first pre season training session they didn't even have tackling bags.

12. lasvegas

lasvegas Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    no doubt is was dodgy ,but i would rather be following manly running last than the NE running first