Peter Sharp GONE!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Poor old Sharpy. You can't help but feel a little sorry for the bloke. He should never have stepped up. A below average coach taking the reins of a struggling club was never going to end well for him. Well, at least he had a lash.

No great loss as far as I'm concerned. They would probably be no worse off if they didn't have a coach for the rest of the season for all that he was worth in the coaching department.
icon_rolleyes.gif

They should go local - do any of their ex players have coaching experience? Good ones like Mcgaw, Miller, ET, Rogers jnr. Green is gone up north. They'll probably opt for kimmorley god help them.

Shoe1 said:
They should go local - do any of their ex players have coaching experience? Good ones like Mcgaw, Miller, ET, Rogers jnr. Green is gone up north. They'll probably opt for kimmorley god help them.

Paul Green is a Queenslander. A Brisbane junior. A nice bloke and way too smart to get tangled up with the Sharks again. I wonder how Miller would go? Rogers would be a good fit.

mozgrame said:
Shoe1 said:

Paul Green is a Queenslander. A Brisbane junior. A nice bloke and way too smart to get tangled up with the Sharks again. I wonder how Miller would go? Rogers would be a good fit.

I don't really know what the answer is, but I'd do a manly and appoint someone with a passion for the sharks, someone who bled for the club to try and haul them out of the mire. Not too many candidates for them though.:p

Normie said:
Give Stuart Raper another go......

There's worse ideas than that one, at least he cares for the club

If history is any gauge it won't matter who they get.
Even the coach of the Century Jack Gibson left the dump in the fetal position.
Here is a list of some of the codes best premiership winning players and coaches that have tried and failed. I think there are at least 8 ex-Australian coaches and 9 ex-premiership winning coaches amongst them.

Ken Kearney (1967–1969)
Tommy Bishop (1970–1973, 1980)
Noel Thornton (1974)
Johnny Raper (1975–1976)
Ted Glossop (1977)
Norm Provan (1978–1979)
Greg Pierce (1981–1982)
Terry Fearnley (1983–1984)
Jack Gibson (1985–1987)
Allan Fitzgibbon (1988–1991)
Arthur Beetson (1992–1993)
John Lang (1994–2001)
Chris Anderson (2002–2003)
Stuart Raper (2004–2006)
Ricky Stuart (2007–mid-2010)
Shane Flanagan (mid-2010–present)
Peter Sharp (2014 season while Flanagan serves a suspension for his role in the 2011 supplements program)

Just noticed Sticky is the only coach to have been sacked mid season ... there not completely stupid then.

Alan said:
mozgrame said:
CQ SHARKS!! CQ SHARKS!! CQ SHARKS!!

Have you gone moon barking raving mad! What have the CQ's ever done to you.

It's probably the only way to get an NRL side up here. Sure a lot of them won't want to come, great! Sure, although we love and applaud Peter Gallen (and he loves it here too) Paul would not be welcome. Sure we would put the broom through them and use it as a gateway into the NRL for our young blokes, which would have the Bronco's running around signing 10yr olds to long term contracts, just in case.

But far above and beyond all...Manly would have to come here to play once a year, and that's my main goal. I'll happily wade through all the other crap to achieve that once a year reward. :D :p

Shoe1 said:
mozgrame said:
Shoe1 said:

I don't really know what the answer is, but I'd do a manly and appoint someone with a passion for the sharks, someone who bled for the club to try and haul them out of the mire. Not too many candidates for them though.:p

Normie said:
Give Stuart Raper another go......

There's worse ideas than that one, at least he cares for the club

The club is a joke at the moment anyway.....give the gig to Beau Ryan until Flano gets back.

Things are really going from bad to worse for Cronulla, and the ASADA report still hasnt been released.

The end of the club may be soon. I guess they could become the CC Shark Bears. (kinda of like that name :S)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2