Peter Peters stood down!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@[The Eagle]
http://www.dryjuly.com/Resources/CelebrityPhotos/full_c104cd0d-8f80-4c75-b5e9-1d429421da86.jpg

People get caught up in their thoughts and concepts these days. It was not a pickup line.

There's cold pricklies (think Gallop), and
There's warm fuzzies (think Zorba)

Who would you rather have around?

Zorba has to go regardless of his dismissive response to the woman.
He does not complement the new professionalism of the Manly Club.
With his dyed hair he even looks like a letch - commentary not required IMO

I am however, impressed by Penn's interaction with the Media. You can see that he is uncomfortable at their monotonous attacks. But still manages to speak clearly and stick to the minimum.
He is a man in charge, even Parry is pushed to the background as Penn 'gets it done' and takes the flack. Well done!

Zorba's spot may be up for review in the near future, but for now I think he is only stood down until Monday. Manly don't dump their icons lightly (but we do dump them when required).

Larissa for media manager!!!

To be honest I'd guess they will give him a warning and reinstate him. I'm surprised they actually did this as it keeps the story in the media for longer.

Masked Eagle said:
The Eagle said:
What's the odds on a woman taking the job now?

My bet is woman @$1.01 and man at about $640,000.00

Renea Garnter.

I don't mind Zorba but I think its a job where he doesn't perhaps have the best skills for this century. The wierd thing is, he's done a pretty decent job this year with guys like Foran & DCE getting plenty of positive press and opportunities to speak ... however, thinking about it a bit more, to be honest. Unless we are working at the Sea Eagles we really don't know what he does and how well he does it on a day by day basis. He might be brilliant or terrible. We really don't know.

I agree. This could actually work out good for all parties.

Its not a matter of dumping an "icon"...its getting someone in a job that is actually good at it....Zorba is not. He does not bring any positive media to the table.

Frogz said:
Its not a matter of dumping an "icon"...its getting someone in a job that is actually good at it....Zorba is not. He does not bring any positive media to the table.
Zorba is dated and some of his gaffes are simply because he is from another era, but to say he brings no positive media to the table is an exaggeration. He has his own radio show and has for many years, and Manly invariably get a mention there. Plus he was a sports journalist in the print media before going on air and the contacts he has would be hard to replace. Of course the downside is what I first mentioned, and also the fact that there are some avenues not open to him just because of who he is, that may be accessible to a new face without all his extensive history. His time is nearly up, but don't discount what he has contributed.

mickqld said:
Renee Gartner now there's a good sort.

You can't say that Mick ...but I agree she is!!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Frogz said:
Zorba is dated and some of his gaffes are simply because he is from another era, but to say he brings no positive media to the table is an exaggeration. He has his own radio show and has for many years, and Manly invariably get a mention there. Plus he was a sports journalist in the print media before going on air and the contacts he has would be hard to replace. Of course the downside is what I first mentioned, and also the fact that there are some avenues not open to him just because of who he is, that may be accessible to a new face without all his extensive history. His time is nearly up, but don't discount what he has contributed.

Yep he has contributed an awful lot!!

RE: On Twitter-Peter Peters stood down!!

Kiwi Eagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
KE this is for saying she's a "good sort".....well mate she IS...a real good sort!!

Tragic for Zorb who has been with the club for what....35 years

Bloody ridiculous, if he was going to be stood down for this he may as well have told her that he wanted to bend her over the car and give her one

I've just seen a picture of her and, well, umm - what you said!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8