Peter Peters claims seat on Manly Sea Eagles board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can you believe it.
Zorbas first Board meeting and votes against Perry.
What a shock. Perry fired him.
Why would the Penn's put him on.?

They want control and will crash the club to get it.
They do not have the best interest of this club in hand only control at all cost. This includes David Perry's head.

This is why I don't want one owner.

Zorba's interests queried
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/zorbas-interests-queried/

MANLY District club deputy chairman Bob Stevenson has questioned the logic behind Peter "Zorba" Peters now sitting on three boards.

Stevenson says it presents a clear conflict of interest.

Like many people, Stevenson was stunned to learn of Peters' appointment after Rick Penn stood down.

"The first I heard about it was early yesterday when I read a few forums online," he told the Manly Daily.

"I attended a meeting with Peter on Wednesday night and he never mentioned a thing. I also noticed Peter was quoted saying he will represent the interests of players and supporters.

"It (Peters' appointment) sets a dangerous precedent, Bob Reilly stood down (from the Leagues Club board) as he felt he was wearing too many (club) hats and now he (Peters) has three on."

Stevenson's issue is control, fearing the club could be headed down a dangerous path.

"As a fan I am very grateful to the Penn family, Quantum and Kaspersky for their contribution to the club," he said.

"What I don't want to see eventually is a one owner model similar to (Premier League) soccer teams in the United Kingdom.

"If we end up with a single owner, the club's future could be fraught with danger."

Bloody Vidmar that bloke would do anything to get his scouse head in the paper :d lol

Nothing really changes for the Penns, still a 4-3 vote, Rick Penn stepped aside for his brother in-law that's all, but more to the point Zorba failed R. Penn's first test he voted against the man who is finally making The Penn Family money.At the previous meeting the board had approved the 3 year contract extension to both Perry & Tooves (R Penn agreed).
Now Perry is the voice of the board and has a fair bit more power, great move, Zorba will need to perform or he could find himself replaced as quick and easy as he was elevated to the board, R Penn didn't become a multi-millionaire by employing hacks

There is no way someone, Zorba or anyone else, can adequately represent the Football club members on that Board and Penn on the other Board. It's a massive conflict of interest.

Interesting reading Zorba's column today - full of praise for Tooves, Penna and Parish, after spending months bemoaning the departure of Hasler and co. to bluer and whiter pastures.

With elevation to the Board, comes new responsibilities and perspectives?

ads said:
There is no way someone, Zorba or anyone else, can adequately represent the Football club members on that Board and Penn on the other Board. It's a massive conflict of interest.

None of us know what details are discussed in board meetings. Maybe 3 votes were pushing for 12 mnth ext, or 2 yrs not 3.

What looks like needs addressing is the communication to Football club members (district) so they are confident the representatives are doing just that- representing views of members. And not merely being appointed on board because they will make up this ' 4th vote'.

Does the District board elect 2 reps who sit on SE board, or do members vote. (sorry if ground has been covered before)

It is a legal offense for a board member to act in a manner contrary to the interests of the organization, Having sat on a board myself and having financial liability for a multi- million organization I know that, for Zorba or anyone else to leak stuff to the media, is illegal. Would have to be proved though! my guess is that more than P. Peters is playing the media.

Problem with this thread is the spin that is attached to certain mouthpeices for individuals involved in this spat. Sadly personal power play seems more the issue than the best interests of the club, both ways. Penn is good or bad, Bob is good or bad (Reilly) and the average punter who just wants to go to the footy and support their team has no real idea what is going on! When certain people post on this matter the BS alert meter starts ticking!!!

The easy way around it is make him earn his spot on the football club next time around instead of giving him a walk up start unopposed.

Was a little too convenient for someone with his history, little bit of a smell about it.

Didn't one of Zorba's Teleboosters question how Darrell Williams picked up his current role with the Club without it being advertised?

Pot, this is Kettle, over.

Kettle, this is Pot, Out.

Chip and Chase said:
The easy way around it is make him earn his spot on the football club next time around instead of giving him a walk up start unopposed.

Was a little too convenient for someone with his history, little bit of a smell about it.

I voiced my disapproval at this last year.
It should have been far more transparent and gone to a members vote.
I understand there was no requirement too seek the vote of members and there were reasons for the then current board to hastily accept Peters onto the board but it reeked of an agenda then and it smells even worse now.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6