Peter FitzSimons

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Does this bandana wearing pansy ever miss a chance to slip the boot into rugby league?

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/cronulla-sharks/sack-paul-gallen-as-blues-captain-over-drug-scandal-20140822-107bpk.html

I have to say, apart from the Gallen bit, I completely agree. One club did instigate a systematic doping regime, and the Rugby League community should speak out against it, as do all other major world sports. The reaction has been as described.

Also, the pansies in my garden would like you to call people petunias for a bit of a change!

I don't mind Fitzy, but I will say that when he finds an axe to grind he won't stop until he is down to the handle. That's great when it's Alan Jones or soccer he is slipping the boot into, he can maintain that rage for as long as he sees fit.

In this case he is right. They (Gallen and Co.) pleaded guilty so they cannot pretend that they did nothing wrong any longer. However the lack of outrage from the wider rugby league community is probably due to exhaustion caused by waiting so long for ASADA to do anything. It all seems so anticlimatic that they effectively get a 3 match ban after we have been told for 18 months that this was something serious. ASADA have come out of this looking ridiculous.

Agree 3 games for the Darkest Day in sport seems like they got the get out of gaol free card to me

The Wheel said:
Agree 3 games for the Darkest Day in sport seems like they got the get out of gaol free card to me

Those dickheads in the last government that pulled that " darkest day" crap should be shot at dawn.

And that's not being political just stating fact!!

They doped

They managed to get a very light sentence (compared to other drug users)

Regardless of how you see it the fact that some 11 players are suspended for drug use at one club , a similar amount (possibly) at another - can you tell me a darker day of sport in aus?

Sure is.....putting aside the politics I think that there were at least two professional sports teams in Australia undertaking a systematic doping program....is pretty dark !

ASADA might agree to the 3 week ban but I don't know that WADA will agree.

I know league isn't a major world sport but they will have a say & it will effect Australia's sporting reputation worldwide.

Funny how the opinions change over time.

I'm sorry for the victims that had to cop a plea, the Club is at fault for letting a mad scientist run the show.

As much as I'd like to have a shot at Gallen et al, they've done nothing that lessen themselves in my eyes.

Mark from Brisbane said:
The Wheel said:

Those dickheads in the last government that pulled that " darkest day" crap should be shot at dawn.

Exactly Mark, deep in the dark days of the worst government in the history of Australia they pulled this sideline act out to distract the electorate.

Chip and Chase said:
I don't mind Fitzy, but I will say that when he finds an axe to grind he won't stop until he is down to the handle. That's great when it's Alan Jones or soccer he is slipping the boot into, he can maintain that rage for as long as he sees fit.

In this case he is right. They (Gallen and Co.) pleaded guilty so they cannot pretend that they did nothing wrong any longer. However the lack of outrage from the wider rugby league community is probably due to exhaustion caused by waiting so long for ASADA to do anything. It all seems so anticlimatic that they effectively get a 3 match ban after we have been told for 18 months that this was something serious. ASADA have come out of this looking ridiculous.

Point of the post is not about guilt, but around the fact that the only few articles this knob writes about league every year are cheap shot, bandwagon opinions that are designed to put the boot into a code other than his own.

Funny how Fitzsimmons pipes up at these moments!

There was a thread about him a year or two back (I think it was about Souths wrestling tactics) and I chimed in on this palooka. He will always be there ready to write something negative about rugby league, now sometimes this is warranted and sometimes not.......but I don't need to be lectured to by this holier than thou toolbag.

COMMANDER said:
Point of the post is not about guilt, but around the fact that the only few articles this knob writes about league every year are cheap shot, bandwagon opinions that are designed to put the boot into a code other than his own.

At least he is consistent. Plenty of league commentators give it to Union on principle as well. Personally I enjoy both codes, but some don't, including Fitzy.

lsz said:
Sure is.....putting aside the politics I think that there were at least two professional sports teams in Australia undertaking a systematic doping program....is pretty dark !

So 2 clubs across 2 codes affected, as opposed to Super League which affected 22 clubs across 1 code. And the NRL team is only Cronulla, who suck anyway.

SL is still the darkest day in my eyes.

Mark from Brisbane said:
The Wheel said:

In fairness to the dickheads in the govt, they didn't come up with the quote "the darkest day" it was from Richard Ings former ASADA chief who said that while giving his opinion on the conference. It grew legs from there.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I reckon Gallen should be sacked as NSW captain; he is a drug cheat.

The reason there has been a lack of outrage is because everyone is busy directing their anger at the Government for fabricating the "blackest day in Australian Sport" to take the heat off Gillard and Craig Thompson, and at ASADA for going off half cocked 18 months before they were willing to take action.

The Cronulla club are a disgrace regardless.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6