Peta Hiku

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
First off the negatives. He played poorly on Friday night. Truth be told, he hasn't played well defensively for a while now. I suspect that this is due to him playing on the wing which he is not comfortable with or suited to.

Now the positive. He is young, big and appears motivated. He will never be our fulltime fullback. Snake has that locked until he retires then either Tom T or Gutho will take over. So where does that leave Hiku?

I think 5/8. He is electric with the ball in hand. This move would facilitate that. He is blinding quick and has size / agility to draw in defenders, opening holes for others. His defensive issues would be mitigated and I think he would defend better in the middle anyway.

Now I'm not saying Foz is going and thats why we need this. If Foz stays move him to half and Hiku in 5/8. If Foz goes have Hiku in 5/8 and either play Rudolph as the half or recruit someone to complement him. We can play him there this year while Foz is out and when DCE plays silly buggers with Qld to trial it out. If it works then roll with it next year. If not, move forward.

Thoughts?

I like Peta and think he will be awesome....but I think the Manly organisation need to figure out with him....where he is best suited.

He's getting bigger and better and I think has family in NZ but stays with us at Manly (note to foz and dce)

Well... With Foz out with a hammy gone, and JLJ apparently gone as well, he's got 6-8 weeks to prove it.

He played a fair bit of 5/8 for the Warriors I am pretty sure.
Made a few breaks not many could on Friday. Could make a great running 5/8

Defensively on the wing he is not great, slides in way too much. Though the middle should be helping with this when defending on our try line.

I think 5/8 could be a good idea. Great footwork and appears to be bigger this year. I'd like to see what he can do there.

Well... With Foz out with a hammy gone, and JLJ apparently gone as well, he's got 6-8 weeks to prove it.

Agreed. If he shows promise over that period I'd look to slide Foz into half during the SOO period. I just don't like move Jamie into 5/8. He was good there but he is so much more effective in the centres.

Agreed. If he shows promise over that period I'd look to slide Foz into half during the SOO period. I just don't like move Jamie into 5/8. He was good there but he is so much more effective in the centres.

Sounds like a plan :)

G'day all,I think its worth a go as he has attributes that suggest he could be a success in that position.Not sure about a kicking game but i'm sure he must have some union background so you'd expect he'd have some basic skills in that area.Lets not forget he's still only young and learning the game,and he has already shown he has ability but I think wing is not his position.Mind you its going to be tough for whoever gets the job unless our forwards reverse the recent trend of not setting a decent platform.
cheers mike

If we move Hiku to 5/8 . you would have to be comfortable with DCE running the whole show i am and believe he will give 100% and with Foran gone for few weeks it could be what he needs . With hiku at 5/8 it gives the team more options as we have more depth in the outside backs then the halves so makes sense

If we move Hiku to 5/8 . you would have to be comfortable with DCE running the whole show i am and believe he will give 100% and with Foran gone for few weeks it could be what he needs . With hiku at 5/8 it gives the team more options as we have more depth in the outside backs then the halves so makes sense
Foran doesn't run the side he's never been the lynch pin

If his heart and mind is into it DCE will continue to steer the ship, if not we're boned

Also anything to get P REX off the wing makes me smile
Agreed. Hiku is either a fullback or nothing. I thought he could make a center but his defense is beyond ordinary. A 5/8 only if we had great defensive backrowers to cover for him which we don't. Id bench him. Tom Turbo to wing.

Agreed. Hiku is either a fullback or nothing. I thought he could make a center but his defense is beyond ordinary. A 5/8 only if we had great defensive backrowers to cover for him which we don't. Id bench him. Tom Turbo to wing.
His defence in the wing is bad, but is fine one on one. It's the positioning that he has trouble with. Easier at 6, positioning I mean.

Actually, this is not a bad idea.
I can see him as a second receiver.
If Foz stays, Foz can play 7 and Hiku to 5/8.
If Foz leaves, play Hodges at 7.
No doom and gloom.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7