Peta Hiku - Attacking ace pumped for massive 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jax24

Reserve Grader
GOOD news Sea Eagles fans — Peta Hiku has been firing all pre-season and is desperate to replicate his standout performances from last year.

At just 22, he could be anything.

After making his NRL debut in 2013, he quickly became popular with supporters thanks to a number of assured 80-minute performances as a “Mr Fix It” in Geoff Toovey’s star-studded backline.

Be it replacing Brett Stewart at fullback, filling in the centres or occupying a spot on the wing, Hiku rarely put a foot wrong.

He took his game to another level with New Zealand in the Four Nations triumph late last year, and is refreshed after a short break.

Hiku is certain to be part of Manly’s Auckland Nines squad on January 31 and February 1, where his impact is tipped to be huge across the ditch.

He can sniff out a try better than most players in the competition and his defence is impressive, given his size.

“I guess we will just have to wait and see, I would love to play,’’ Hiku said.

“It will be good to play some footy, training has been pretty tough in this heat. Once the season rolls around I would love to be in the (first grade) team, that is my focus.”

Before signing a three-year contact extension last May, Hiku was in the sights of rival NRL clubs looking at 2015 and beyond.

New Zealand, where he played his junior footy, were tabling a deal worth a reported $1 million, while Des Hasler’s Bulldogs fancied him as their long-term fullback.

He is an integral part of Manly’s future, and like so many, Hiku would love to see Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans retained.

“Both of them are playmakers for their respective countries, that says it all,’’ he said.

“It would be great if they both stayed, they are super players and I would love to play alongside them for many years, if I can.”

And then there is veteran Willie Mason.

The prop has done it all in the game, but his instant enthusiasm in fresh surroundings after he was cut by Newcastle has impressed his new teammates.

“He is a funny bloke, always geeing the boys up,’’ Hiku said.

“Willie has been around for so long, so when he talks, we all listen.

“I think he will be a good buy for us.”

Attacking ace pumped for massive 2015
ANDREW PRENTICE
MANLY DAILY
JANUARY 22, 2015 5:02PM

Attachments

• peta-hiku.jpg
    peta-hiku.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 2,652
Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't see the four nations?
Nah i watched the '14 NRL season where his pathetic defensive lapses cost us a shot at the title

I think both of our young kiwi superstars are overrated by a fair margin, at least with the other one he has a heart, Tony mk2 can just go or wait til we need a Centre because on the wing he's went to the Nathan Merritt school of defense

Nah i watched the '14 NRL season where his pathetic defensive lapses cost us a shot at the title

I think both of our young kiwi superstars are overrated by a fair margin, at least with the other one he has a heart, Tony mk2 can just go or wait til we need a Centre because on the wing he's went to the Nathan Merritt school of defense
More than just a tad harsh. Thankfully Tooves see's things differently.

If he could set up tries for the outside backs like brett stewart does we would have our next fullback. Makes good meters and has had some great defensive performances at fullback, but he is no attacking ace atm.

More than just a tad harsh. Thankfully Tooves see's things differently.
Should i link the highlights from the last 3 games? Jorge dropped a few balls but he tried

Tony mk2 done nothing but found himself well inside his man and meekly put out a hand as a way to pretend he tried

If Tooves had seen things the way i did who knows what might have happened, to pretend he got it right instead of considering he was wrong is pretty arrogant, but gee if he is our best winger then we're in for a long year unless he's improved his defensive effort

Should i link the highlights from the last 3 games? Jorge dropped a few balls but he tried

Tony mk2 done nothing but found himself well inside his man and meekly put out a hand as a way to pretend he tried

If Tooves had seen things the way i did who knows what might have happened, to pretend he got it right instead of considering he was wrong is pretty arrogant, but gee if he is our best winger then we're in for a long year unless he's improved his defensive effort
Hmmm. You might think about putting your hand up to be our next head coach?
Until then, I think what Tooves and 99% of others think.

Hiku reminds me of Steven Bell. Bell in his younger years played a few positions. He looked relatively slowish, but at ground zero, was quick as a bolt. Just a deceptively good player. Under rate him at your own peril in my opinion.

There's a reason a heap of clubs wanted him.

So you conclude that he isn't an attacking ace because you don't think his defence is good?

I would wish but i still rate the coach,
another one of the sheeple :p

But no really to me he seems like a pea heart after last year's final 3 games, i haven't seen less heart in our colors since Tony was wearing the number 5

Also his attack? Lyon can make average players look amazing outside him, all Peta has to do is fall over and ground the ball much like Merritt did for most of his career

I would wish but i still rate the coach,
another one of the sheeple :p

But no really to me he seems like a pea heart after last year's final 3 games, i haven't seen less heart in our colors since Tony was wearing the number 5

Also his attack? Lyon can make average players look amazing outside him, all Peta has to do is fall over and ground the ball much like Merritt did for most of his career
I'm sure Hiku would be the first to stay he needs to improve his defending but to say all Hiku has done in attack is fall over & ground the ball is very harsh. You've obviously watched the last 2 years of Manly games with your eyes shut not to see some fantastic finishing by Hiku when he's had a lot of work to do & cover defence to hold off when scoring. Is he the finished product? Nope but at 22 years of age with only 40 1st grade games under his belt he'll only get better.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8