Peta Hiku - 2013 Content Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Hiku

I thought he did well tonight.

Snakes boots are big ones to fill and I thought he played well.

Dont think you can ask for much more in his 2nd game of NRL

i'd have him back next week for sure. the combos should click better.

169 meters, 2 missed tackles

His name is a poem
why is this not said more oft
The game I did not watch

-Dan

I was impressed with him tonight. Progress on those difficult bomb catches will come with experience IMO. Needs to be better after a opposition linebreak though, needs to commit to the player, got caught out twice.

It was his 2nd game. He's very young but not overawed at all, obviously has tremendous protential.

Would like to just say i thought the nef Peta went ok. Dropped one bomb and missed a couple tackles but other than that was pretty solid. Looked a lot more comfortable at his main position and less nervous this time. Overall i thought he did well considering the magnitude of the game. Good for him to get another taste of 1st grade and improve his confidence. Still has a lot to learn and improve on but showed some glimpses on attack chiming in well a few times. If he can work on improving his defense as the last line that will serve him well. Seemed pretty solid under the high ball bar the 1 error. Brought the ball back well also. Overall I was just happy for him to get some more 1st grade experience. Hope he gets another crack and keeps making his chances count.
[/quote]

Hiku

SeaEagleRock8 said:
It was his 2nd game. He's very young but not overawed at all, obviously has tremendous protential.

This! He's a goer, just needs some time in 1st grade.

He played very well for his second game, there were other more experienced players that had much worse games tonight.

Massive improvment from his first game. Was very impressed with him tonight and cant wait to see more of him next week.

Thought he had improved a lot. Got involved well.

Needs to learn on his tackling technique a bit.

edit: I think he'll be a good fit at Manly.

A shame the commentators are saying "Hick-ew" as I prefer High-koo (Haiku) for obv reasons :)

Peter Hiku

He was superb last night, made several half breaks and defended extremely well. Overcame everything thrown his way by the opposition.....his one dropped bomb could just as easily have been a penalty to Manly. Thought he looked faster as well.

RE: Peter Hiku

There is an unspoken rule on this forum that all posts about this player should be in the form of a Haiku.....

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Hiku?page=8

I agree, excellent first game (at FB) from the kid...the timing wasn't perfect at times but hey, BIG shoes to fill and I thought he did it pretty well

@[Mark from Brisbane] you are doing it wrong, that is a terrible Haiku, it doesn't even stick to the classical style

@[globaleagle] I am sure he will be good for a Haiku, plus he likes being tagged as well

My last Haiku was
Picked on by stevo, the git.
Yet he is not banned!?

I love when people
know how to tag on this site
I am my like count

Look he went alright, but "defended extremely well"? Please. Didn't stick a tackle all night did he?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4