Peta Hiku - 2013 Content Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
Solid debut. Caught out a couple times on the edge but that's nothing but inexperience at NRL level that caused it.

Unlucky with his pass to snake which I thought was backwards out of the hands. The kid is a fullback defending on the edge is a massive change. Look how much killer sucked last yr when thrown onto the wing.

Also a try on debut which is pretty much standard for any young winger playing outside Killer or matai ;)

RE: Hiku

He did ok but if wolf played it would have been a much better score line.

manlyfan76 said:
He did ok but if wolf played it would have been a much better score line.

Not sure if he can be blamed for the try to their winger, Lyon had gone infield the play before to take the 2nd rower, quick play the ball and he has 2 men to mark.

He will be happy to get that one out of the way, onwards and upwards from here.

He'll be better for the run, as they say. But he definitely looks the goods. Can't think of another cliché to add:)

He did ok. I'm concerned that he didn't look comfortable under the high ball today but that might just be first game nerves.

Good to see him score a try on debut. Also the forward pass was a harsh call.

I thought he showed signs of potential. Definitely not writing the guy off.

I was a bit bummed when he didn't make any inroads on Stapleton though, I was hoping for a bit more pace from him.

Hiku

Think they're grooming him to take over from Snake when he gives it away.
Noticed today that Gutherson was playing in the centres for the 20's

Volley said:
I was a bit bummed when he didn't make any inroads on Stapleton though, I was hoping for a bit more pace from him.

Same. He moves a bit like Barba, but without his speed.

Has promise. Needs to build up a bit. In danger of getting monstered. Glad when he misjudged the jump on the first bomb he pulled his arms out of the way so no damage was done. Good thinking.

The pass called forward for the disallowed try was definitely backwards out of his hands. Poor call by the ref. Ref was deceived because it was such a long pass at top pace so it naturally had to drift forward. If Hiku had chosen the shorter pass the try would have been allowed without any doubt.

Gee, I think you are all being kind. I can't see what the big wraps are on him. He's not particularly fast nor agile; doesn't bust tackles, fumbled, threw a forward pass and bombed a try, and was out of position when Cronulla scored its second try.
I know he's young, but it proved what a huge gap there is between a promising Under 20s player and a good first grader like Wolf.

Way out of position on that try ? He was on his wing, which is his position, his problem was the centre was a mile infield making a try saver in there and he was left 2 on 1. That pass wasn't forward either. He also broke more tackles today than Taufua

What you have described, was a kid on debut !! Was too harsh a critique there

Most of these sort of things were said of Taufua at times last year as well, many saying he will never be a winger etc

I didn't think much of his play today. Nowhere near ready for 1st grade yet. We can't have Wolfman come back soon enough.

The Who said:
Gee, I think you are all being kind. I can't see what the big wraps are on him. He's not particularly fast nor agile; doesn't bust tackles, fumbled, threw a forward pass and bombed a try, and was out of position when Cronulla scored its second try.
I know he's young, but it proved what a huge gap there is between a promising Under 20s player and a good first grader like Wolf.

You're an idiot.

looked like a young kid on debut playing out of position.

Bit like tedesco from the tigpies, a fullback playing his second game on the wing, we scored a couple down his side in the same manner.

Just watched that 2nd sharks try again, anyone blaming him for that is kidding themselves imo

Lyon pulled a mile infield, the rest of the team don't come across in time, Symonds is in no mans land on the inside, Mills runs the ball to Hiku who is covering the centre position and draws him in before passing to Stapleton outside who is unmarked due to Lyon being infield

OK. You've seen it on replay. I was at the game when you only see things fleetingly. Forget that incidence. But he had an ordinary match. I've seen him in reserves and not noticed the brilliance to go with the hype. I was expecting a lot more.
I would love nothing better than to see him become a champion.
And to Volley - calling me an idiot for expressing what I believe is an honest opinion means one of two things: you are a relative/friend acquaintance of the kid, or you are incapable of seeing a match through anything but maroon and white glasses.

Volley said:
I thought he showed signs of potential. Definitely not writing the guy off.

Yeah so was I. He played ok for a first game. He runs hard and he's a busy player he just needs to work on his defence.

I miss Wolfy, he's been great so far, he must be bummed he's injured again I know I am. Poor guy can't catch a break.

Jeez he was a kid on debut. Nothing flashy but is a good prospect. I remember Jorge was apparently !t after his first few games. Same with G Stewart, Matai etc. Anyone writing him off is thick.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2