1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perry

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by COMMANDER, Aug 7, 2010.

1. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    No disrespect to the man, and it's a shocking injury he's suffered, but I can't help but think the result is good for the team.

He really has done nothing but protect himself since he signed elsewhere. 

Look at the first hitup he took tonight before he was injured, and it speaks volumes.

Bring on more game time for Georgy and bring back Matt Cross.

2. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Ditto again, i said this in the game thread too :)

3. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Did we really miss him tonight? I don't think so.

4. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Cross in Perry out sorry but ready Teddy go

5. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    Galuvao had his best game I thought this season, wouldn't be too bad if he saw some more minutes.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i was always told as a kid by my coaches never go oin 50 50 you ll end up hurt ,goes to show really ,this might be harsh but he is no loss

7. missing_something

missing_something Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Never nice to see that kind of thing happen but Joe's extra min tonight where greater than anything Perry's managed all year, so it's not good for Perry but it might be good for manly as long as we don't have other front rowers go down as where a little thin there.

8. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I agree it may be a good thing to see others getting more minutes, but upon his final effort for Manly, I think back to the role he played in our premiership and wish him all the best in the future

9. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    After posting this I think I was remiss in outlining his contributions in the past; he has always been a favourite of mine but has disappointed this year, as far as I am concerned.

10. nodd

nodd Well-Known Member

hiding from the kids
    Ratings:
    +105 / 5
    Seems to be the general consensus.

11. mr seagles

mr seagles New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    it saves des having to force his hand in changes and i reckon he might be grining to himself that now he can give cross a run without upsetting the apple cart...

12. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Here's a question for the legal mind's out there, could a player lay a claim due to the conditions of the ground?

Who know's it might force the Council's hand for the much needed upgrades. From the impression that I get the actual playing surface is pretty poor as well

13. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    I should take the council to court for the conditions of the dunnies at the north western corner.

This is the 2nd game in a row that have flooded.

14. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,760 / 258
    After posting this I think I was remiss in outlining his contributions in the past; he has always been a favourite of mine but has disappointed this year, as far as I am concerned.
    [/quote]

I'll second that, looks like he has played his last game, so farewell Teddy, we know after last week that your heart is really back in Newcastle but you did us proud in 2008

15. archie

archie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    it's a shame, forget about recent games, just remeber back to 2008.

16. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    We're better off without him.  Kite was on fire tonight and we won't lack with Galuvao getting more time.

17. eelcatcher

eelcatcher Active Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0
    NO arguments there. Perry was good in 08 and ok in 09, but this year he's been pretty average. With him gone, its no loss whatsoever to our team Kitey or Rose can fill in and Matt Cross takes their spot on the bench. However I do hope Ballin is ok. If not, Jamie Buhrer can cover for him.

18. slickster71

slickster71 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Come on Guys.

He has been great for our club. I am feeling for him this moring
    knowing he has played his last game from the club last night.

He will be sitting in the hospital shattered this morning. I will be sending him a get well card. It shouldn't cost him a broken leg to be replaced but des should make the replacement if he thinks its right for the team.

Get well soon buddy. You will be missed.

I am please for matt Cross get a start now.

19. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,753 / 57
    It seems the general consensus is we are better off without Josh. Maybe so but more injuries aren't helping our cause regardless. I just hope that Cross will be up to it because he hasn't played much footy this year.