Perry unveils Manly's master plan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
CLIT COMMANDER said:
Perry was on Fatty's MMM show yesterday and he came off really well.

One thing he did mention about Des's departure was that until the club had won the GF financially the club was not in a position to pay Des the money that the Dogs were throwing at them.

In the end of it if Des had stayed and got his $750 or Million a year something else would have had to suffer.

may be true but if the reports are correct that Des would have signed when the board ratified it then we wouldn't have been looking at that much anyway, I assume now that Tooves will get a substantial pay rise now form (guessing) $100K to around $250k now

I think Perry should have appointed Harvey Keitel as the cleaner to clean up the board then Christopher Dale Flannery to take care of certain journalists Paul C#nt, Rebecca Whoreson and others.

Good positive stuff from Perry. It will take time to clean up the mess left over from the old mates club, but he's heading in the right direction. On the snipe from Matas that the club must be paying a lot for the new appointments. If you pay peanuts you get monkeys and that's what has happened in the past. Quality people bring in the money and that's what's needed. I'm sick and tired of reading about how broke our famous club is, and I want that to stop. Perry will do OK if given a go by us all. See how it goes in three years time. If we're still having to hold out the begging bowl, then he can go. If we're going well, then all's good.

Matabele said:
So he's appointed a heap of new staff that the club can't afford. That's encouraging?

Or has he appointed people who can do the job, i.e media manager?

Now i dont want to say I told you so but I did say that given a chance Perry would be a good CEO, I also recall saying he would get a female to replace Zorba.
Very clever this man, very clever............

a fun little fact, dave perry once coached for one year at the north sydney brothers having acquired asquiths star player keiran foran, that went on to win the U16s comp. He has both a football head and commercial head on his shoulders. He knows the game but he also knows what is needed to keep the dollars clicking over and he has my backing

swoop said:
Matabele said:
So he's appointed a heap of new staff that the club can't afford. That's encouraging?

Or has he appointed people who can do the job, i.e media manager?
Former West Coast Eagles staffer Anthony Dignan will become the senior sales manager, while ex-2GB journalist Rachael Cassidy will replace long-serving media manager Peter Peters. Trent Higgs will also join the media unit. Perry remains on the lookout for a merchandising manager. In a bid to reconnect with former players, Darrell Williams has been charged with heading up an old boys' network.

From what I'm reading it's all positive. If Perry achieves half of his stated aims then it will be fantastic for the club.
Then we have several companies wanting to buy into, or increase their shareholding, of MWSE. That must mean the club is a desirable ' commodity' with cashed-up private companies fighting for some control.
It seems to me that having three owners is a better thing than having just one. Sure, the decisions will be more complicated but then it should help to protect the interest of we fans.

Thoughts on Rachael Cassidy? Does anybody have any info on her besides what has been written in the article? Personally, I've never heard of her and did a quick google search and couldn't see anything jump out at me to look at in the search results but as I said, it was only a quick search.

I think I've heard her name when she was reporting stories on the radio, but that's all.

I like the direction that Perry is going in. As alluded to earlier, you have to spend money to make money. And Cassidy and Dignan are replacing people who are no longer employed by the organisation. Clearly the owners are happy to spend some extra money to reach a more solid financial position over the next two years. Any significant improvements to Brookvale will simply be a bonus.

To be fair, I liked everything he said here, and it's a plus one in my books. It's what I have been whingeing about for years.

BUT, talk is cheap. I'm looking forward to seeing us get back to where we were under Mayer in 2013, uncluding the acquisition of a lot of sponsorship.

Loving Kaspersky :)

The Eagle said:
Cambo said:
I think one thing we need is a Public Relations coordinator or use an external company because really need to be doing some serious work on our brand. It will be hard because there are all ways going to be f**k wits like Paul Kent , bec Wilson and co that are going to bag us. But serious I see first hand at my company how effective regular press releases are. Every time a player does community work there should be a photo taken and a press release.

Terrible idea, manly does not do charity for papers, they do it for the ones in need
In essence your right mate but at the same time you to enhance the brands image I think over the last 3 years our brand has been damaged. I'm talking about the in fighting some of the off field stuff etc. Not Bretts case I just want make that clear.

Jethro said:
Thoughts on Rachael Cassidy? Does anybody have any info on her besides what has been written in the article? Personally, I've never heard of her and did a quick google search and couldn't see anything jump out at me to look at in the search results but as I said, it was only a quick search.

Maybe that's a good thing mate, but give it time and i am sure the media will do a story about her, I think it would be in the Eagles best interest to instigate that before the Manly haters do a story about her.

Thehill said:
Rachael cassidy was formerly known as Rachael Stevens and was a first rate news director at 2gb

Errgghhh. Crikey. Does she come from struggle street. Errgghh

I guess she isn't a fine young man and therefore didn't fit into 2gb.

Rachael Stevens's Experience
Senior Media Officer City of Sydney
Government Agency; Government Administration industry

February 2010 – Present (1 year 9 months) Sydney

Key media contact for media enquiries, issues management and proactive media announcements across Sustainability, Planning, Transport, Finance, Rangers, Health & Building, City Strategy & Design departments of City of Sydney.
Contract role.

Executive Producer Sunrise News Seven Network Limited
Public Company; SEV (ASX); Broadcast Media industry

January 2009 – January 2010 (1 year 1 month)

News Director Macquarie Radio Network (2GB/2CH)
Broadcast Media industry

January 2007 – January 2009 (2 years 1 month)

Journalist/News Reader Macquarie Radio Network (2GB/2CH)
Broadcast Media industry

January 2002 – January 2007 (5 years 1 month)

Her blokes bio is just as impressive...looks like we are getting a high-tech makeover:)

Current
Senior Strategist & Partner at Pillar Sports
Past
NRL.com Executive Producer at Telstra BigPond
Sports Editor at Macquarie Radio Network
Media Officer at Australian Rugby League
Education
University of Sydney

Specialties
Content strategies, website monetisation, leveraging social media assets and making a mean lamb shank pie with red wine reduction.

Peter Cassidy's Experience

Senior Strategist & Partner
Pillar Sports
Public Company; Online Media industry
May 2011 – Present (6 months)

NRL.com Executive Producer
Telstra BigPond
Public Company; TLS; Telecommunications industry
March 2009 – October 2010 (1 year 8 months)

Executive Producer across NRL.com and its associated platforms; such as mobile sites, iPhone and Android applications, fantasy and tipping applications, social media pages and video channels.
Sports Editor
Macquarie Radio Network
Broadcast Media industry
March 2007 – February 2009 (2 years)

Sports Editor, Executive Producer roles across rugbyleaguelive.com, 2gb.com.au and livenews.com.
Media Officer
Australian Rugby League
Sports industry
April 2005 – March 2007 (2 years)

Involved in media relations and education. Planned and executed nationwide media strategies. Conducted digital media training courses for rugby league clubs and leagues nationwide.
Peter Cassidy's Education

University of Sydney
BA (Media & Comm), Media & Communications / Human Resource Management
2002 – 2005

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8