Perry not too popular ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Extract from a news article

"KANGAROO front-rowers Steve Price and Josh Perry are hardly the closest of the Australians to take the field against England tonight.

In his new book to be released shortly, Price reveals he was called "a poofter'' by Perry when the Warriors played the Sea Eagles this year.

At the time, Price was furious that Perry would drag out a rumour that first emerged eight years ago and is so far off the mark it's not funny.

Perry is far from the most popular member of the team and many believe Kurt Gidley's withdrawal from the squad was a blessing in disguise.

Insiders say there was plenty of tension between the Knights utility and his former team-mate. Like Storm hitman Michael Crocker, Gidley is a close mate of Clint Newton, the player Perry infamously betrayed last year.

Newton's popularity put Perry in plenty of bad books after the Eagles prop slept with the ex-Knight's girlfriend Erin Salkeld in a tryst that destroyed their relationship. "

Maybe Newton should have pleasured his bird a bit better than he did.

I have it on good authority that Newton was hardly the model boyfriend.

Newspaper talk. Read Gilchrist's new book for more class on what a lovely bloke that Warnie was, but they still managed to play in the same team for many years.

mcatt link said:
How good must Price's book be if that comment by Perry made it...
  Well I guess his career highlight was scoring on the 7th tackle in a Grand Final.  Not much to boast about since.

Even though it borders on the stuff you're not meant to say (like racial slants and all that politically correct stuff), it's just a sledge and obviously it worked.  Price has been on the field for years, he should know it's part of the game.  He may not do it, but plenty others do so he can get over it.

But i just think it's all a bunch of newspaper crap again.  Plus they're professional players.  Look at the Lakers in the NBA for awhile - the two biggest stars didn't talk at all but they still won like crazy.

I remember him not so popular on this forum a few years ago after the leluei encounter in a game in newcastle.Besides no offence but price does run a bit like a poofter.

As if Josh is the only footballer ever to grass cut someone

What the Hell??? How old is Price and why is he carrying on like this is the first time he's been sledged?

Article doesn't mention what Price said first or if Perry used other words to make this a half decent dig.

Maybe if Price didn't want to be labled a poof on the field he shouldn't have stripped off for a photo shoot in a Gay mag.

Price had the photos taken for his wife and the photographer sold them to the magazine without Price's consent. 

Someone told Perry that Newton's girlfriend was Miss Universe so that's why he chopped her.  The problem was that he was a girlfriend too late 

Perry was the only player who had a nickname in Roy + HG's call of the GF that was actually funny - "The 3rd man in"  ;D 8) ;D

How well does Newton go with the ladies. First he dumps J hawk, then Perry roots his Mrs.

Then the Storm come out and say they will get revenge in the Grand Final, hahahahaha

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6