Perfect preparation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really think we are preparing perfectly for the run in. Tight games with tight defence will serve us well.
Snap up the $4 and back us to gain momentum and go all the way :)

Apparently the Players were delayed 4 hours with a cancelled plane.

No new injuries, although Sid is still favouring his right groin :(
Thats probably why he kicked a left footed field goal :angel:

This is how I feel about today, and recent hit-outs too.

In essence, today wasn't a must win for Us...

It was a dog's-breakfast of a game (largely because of some very sub-par refereeing).

But the Titans, to their credit, had a real dig, giving us a good, hard contest.

And yeah, the perfect dress-rehearsal for a hard-fought final, and how to grind out an ugly but solid win.

We could've let it go thinking we're still top 2.

We didn't. And that's the mark of a championship team.

Today was all about getting a result.

A gritty performance but again way too many errors with the ball.

We will need to lift at least 30 percent to win the comp but we have that in us.

My concern is that we struggle to get consistent go forward.

Today we had to again endure referee Maxwell who is a past master and grilling us.

I'd think putting 40 on them would have been better preparation. We're talking about the 13th placed team sitting just below the tigers.
We need to be better than this.

Jerry1 said:
I'd think putting 40 on them would have been better preparation. We're talking about the 13th placed team sitting just below the tigers.

We don't have a great record at Robina, no matter where they sit on the table. We've travelled a lot, and still have more km's to do before the last round.

Any win is good for now and keeps the pack chasing, hopefully too concerned about knocking us off for the MP, than concentrating on their own consistancy.

Hamster Huey said:
Jerry1 said:

We don't have a great record at Robina, no matter where they sit on the table. We've travelled a lot, and still have more km's to do before the last round.

Any win is good for now and keeps the pack chasing, hopefully too concerned about knocking us off for the MP, than concentrating on their own consistancy.

And a tough "on the road" battle is by far better preparation for finals than an easy romp (which can lead to over-confidence and complacency).

Wins' like yesterday give a team enough confidence to feel they can win a tough one, but also keeps the feet on the ground!

Most of us know, come finals, everything goes up a few gears, and we will too!

Jerry1 said:

The Titans have a decent side, playing at home, with a new coach. They did well against the roosters last week and knocked off souths a few weeks back. Its a very tight comp. Unless you are playing Canberra or Cronulla its really hard to take any win for granted, let alone a thrashing.

The Gold Coast are a very tough side, especially at home. As soon as I seen A. Sezar in their line-up, I thought they would be vastly improved. He is a prodigious talent right up there with our halves.
You want to be playing competitive footy right now, and seeing as though we lead the table, a win or narrow loss is acceptable provided the effort and execution of our plays and defence are sound. We won, I collected on 1-12 and all is as it should be.
Our team has gears and I expect us to use them!

Agree with you about Seizer. Albert Kelly is another top player. If the Goldie had those two playing regularly they'd be well in the top eight.

Whether its the 2nd or the 15th placed team we come up against, they all switch on and lift for an upset over Manly.
Would not of been so close except for the atrocious refereeing we had to endure.

Brendo said:
Whether its the 2nd or the 15th placed team we come up against, they all switch on and lift for an upset over Manly.
Would not of been so close except for the atrocious refereeing we had to endure.

This; and the fact we blew 3 try-scoring chances.

A wrong option, bounce of the ball, and Cheyse Blair's big ole foot on the sideline...on another day it could easily have been 30-12.

But again, good on the Titans for a competitive game.

I think Tooves said it all in the most match function yesterday when asked about the "peaking early" and also the "not getting the big win" situation.

1) Manly know WHEN to peak, we just have to finish top 4 and whilst 1st would be nice the "next level" of comp starts round 1 of the finals.

2) Have a look at the F & A of the two sides that played last years GF, EVERY side throughout the year lifts to play these two sides and it makes EVERY game a hard one.

Answered those questions pretty effectivly for me

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4