Penrith ground announcer Scott McRae fires back at Manly claims of comments in poor taste

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
The Penrith ground announcer at the centre of Manly's ire has denied any wrongdoing in the Panthers clash with the Sea Eagles at Centrebet Stadium.

Read the full article

But the real story here is why is someone who grew up in God's Own Country - (Manly-Warringah - Home of the Sea Eagles, Home of the Free, Home of the Cool Guys who grew up by the Sea) and who brags about coaching the Beaver etc, finds himself now working for the Zoobriff Zoobsters? How can this fellow look at himself in the mirror?

bob dylan said:
Masked Eagle said:
Did anyone at the ground hear him say it?

Obviously not, because it was never said.

Maybe Zorba should do some explaining.

I wonder if those announcement tapes actually run for the full 80 minutes.......

Until someone on this site says they heard it with their own ears I will presume the comments were never made.

Zorba should say absolutely nothing until he has dealt with our own ground announcer.

Zorba, people in glass houses mate, our ground announcer is the most offensive I have ever heard.

I wasn't there so i obviously didn't hear anything. But i'd like to point out that it may not have been exactly what he said but the context or tone it was said in that has annoyed people. It would help if someone pointed out exactly what the supposed problem statements are.

Daniel said:
The Penrith ground announcer at the centre of Manly's ire has denied any wrongdoing in the Panthers clash with the Sea Eagles at Centrebet Stadium.

Read the full article

I did not hear the Hoppa quote, but I did hear the sarcastic 'when you are ready' statement from the ground announcer over the PA when the boys were to take (what I remember to be) a goal line dropout. Sure they were taking their time but what team wouldn't if they were in front and not long to go. Thought it was unprofessional at the time and I still do.

Leagur HQ reports that the NRL have warned Penrith about any repeat and said that what was said 'was unacceptable' (whatever it was).

Maybe Zorba was pissed off cause they had no Krispy Kreme.
I heard the "When you're ready", but nothing about Hoppa. Not that rubbish wasn't being hurled from the people watching the game.
The most disappointing thing was to see a tool in a Manly Jersey (not claiming him as a supoprter, just that he wore a jersey) headbutt some Penriff bloke after the game. There is such a thing as being a bad winner.

the original article did say something along the lines that the ground managers (from penrith) had also approached them about the announcer.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
So you will believe someone (anyone?) on this site but not believe Zorba? How odd.

Correct.
Several thousand people at the ground and only one person heard it. Draw your own conclusions.

he should read the rules re: the "When you're ready". They have 45 seconds to take the kick

Masked Eagle said:
Did anyone at the ground hear him say it?

i was pretty much under a speaker the whole game. he definitely didn't say it. that, or i'm deaf.

what a professional media manager we have, perhaps his quota of articles was down of late.. as was said before, look in our own backyard before nit picking other ground announcers. goose of the week award for you zorba you galah. will he man up and apologise? i doubt it.

Mickyjuice said:
Maybe Zorba was pissed off cause they had no Krispy Kreme.
I heard the "When you're ready", but nothing about Hoppa. Not that rubbish wasn't being hurled from the people watching the game.
The most disappointing thing was to see a tool in a Manly Jersey (not claiming him as a supoprter, just that he wore a jersey) headbutt some Penriff bloke after the game. There is such a thing as being a bad winner.

Jarryd Hayne's a Manly supporter.....

Jesus you lot are quick to put the boot into Zorba

Yes there are areas that the club has struggled in (specifically with online / "new media") however it is pretty clear they have done a shed load of work to address this

So rather than take note of the ground manager or one of the club officials it is better to **** can...based on a couple of forum posters who may or may not have heard anything

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6