Penn's buy out Quantum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wouldn't be surprised if toovey quit he doesn't need or deserve this **** in his life after all he has done for the club and with this speculation (straight from Zorba) he may well say stuff you. I for 1 wouldn't blame him. Nice to see the positivity last not even 1 day.

Mavin said:
I wouldn't be surprised if toovey quit he doesn't need or deserve this ... in his life after all he has done for the club and with this speculation (straight from Zorba) he may well say stuff you. I for 1 wouldn't blame him. Nice to see the positivity last not even 1 day.

I hope they don't get rid of Toovey and then bring in Nathan Brown. About time for a clean up though, go right through the joint as there are plenty of old wood there. Too many hangers on as well looking for free handouts

Mavin said:
I wouldn't be surprised if toovey quit he doesn't need or deserve this ... in his life after all he has done for the club and with this speculation (straight from Zorba) he may well say stuff you. I for 1 wouldn't blame him. Nice to see the positivity last not even 1 day.

Stand up and build a new team and winning culture or be gone. So far he has presided over the downfall of a great team.

Jerry1 said:
Mavin said:

Stand up and build a new team and winning culture or be gone. So far he has presided over the downfall of a great team.

Absolute rubbish he inherited a team on the slide with salary cap pressures which prevented him from replacing any players. He than makes a tough decision to look to the future and not offer gift a new deal so he can re sign some young players. The older players (who couldn't lace Toovey's boots) turn on him. Now the have the spectre of the "new" owners leaking a story that his job is in jeopardy. If I was him I would walk the leaks about his future have already been started.

Harry said:
Mavin said:

I hope they don't get rid of Toovey and then bring in Nathan Brown. About time for a clean up though, go right through the joint as there are plenty of old wood there. Too many hangers on as well looking for free handouts
Hope the Retention Committee get a clean out, the cause of a lot of problems with players leaving

Harry said:
Mavin said:

Agree with that the only problem is the biggest free loader has just got all his power back. Come on down Zorba.

Harry said:
Harry said:
Mavin said:

Hope the Retention Committee get a clean out, the cause of a lot of problems with players leaving

What did they do wrong? decide to do what other clubs (who abide by the salary cap) to move on an ageing star and the players arc up. We have some of the most selfish players I have ever seen. Can't have it both way's we keep gift it is goodbye to Tom T and Gutherson to name just 2.

I like how people pick and choose when to believe in the telecrap

As for the new structre all I can say is yippee! As it should be the football club should be inharge of colours etc and the rest if the decisions to the people who tip in the money. We have gone from a co-owner who was generous but on a unsteady financial footing to a owner with a larger net wealth than Russell crow.

This might just be the time to settle back and watch to see what happens...(I know full well that will not happen)

Harry said:

So farewell to Toovey / Gigg / Warwick and Perry

So our coach is gone, our football operations manager gone, our gun recruiter gone and our CEO gone

Is that what you want @Harry

Going to be a bit lonely at Narrabeen come the 15th of November

Tried for the last 20 minutes to put my feelings in a post that made sense, but I just kept deleting them because they were all over the place. This included thoughts on the board, the players, Perry, Zorba and everyone else, but the only thing I would like to say is that I would be filthy if Tooves was a casualty in all this.

Masked Eagle said:
Tried for the last 20 minutes to put my feelings in a post that made sense, but I just kept deleting them because they were all over the place. This included thoughts on the board, the players, Perry, Zorba and everyone else, but the only thing I would like to say is that I would be filthy if Tooves was a casualty in all this.

I've stayed away from here a bit tonight, I think I have said enough already, many of you on here are happy that the board infighting is over, I will grant you that 90% control and 100% business control will deliver that.

I just have to brace myself for the casualties I think are coming, staff and players aligned with the opposite side over the last few years will see the brunt of that, many of them I know personally, all good people, but that's what happens in a coup de grace , good people lose out and the victors dance in the streets

I dont know that it is all doom and gloom yet

Jerry1 said:
MWSE said:
Perry has to stay!

Piss him off yesterday.
Good riddance.
An added factor in Perry’s predicament is that the Sea Eagles will finish with a loss of almost $500,000 for the 2014 season when the annual report is soon revealed.

got to love this crap from phil the dill:

Toovey’s job is temporarily safe and he will be in charge for at least the start of 2015.

Still, there has been speculation for a number of weeks about his long-term future.

The former half-back was handed a premiership roster by Des Hasler in 2012 and has a 60 per cent win record since.

The problem is his relationship has soured with senior players over the past 12 months, especially since the man they most respected, former assistant coach Brad Arthur, left for the Parramatta Eels.

source:http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-coach-geoff-toovey-and-gm-dave-perrys-positions-under-siege-as-part-of-clubs-new-ownership-model/story-fni3fh9n-1227099937067

two quick points:
1.good old phil forgot to mention that 2v had to deal with the mess that ha$ler left behind.
2.brad arthur must be one hell of a bloke, one season as assistant coach & he's viewed as a messiah, with players he worked with now wanting to break contracts to play for him.

Toovey's 62% winning percentage isn't too much of a worry, his 30% winning of Finals footy is a bit tho.

How is Arthur's departure for a head coach position Toovey's fault? Ridiculous!

Overall I think its great that we have unity at board level now and that as fan's we'll have an even more unified team for 2015 and onwards!

This is the best thing that has happened in many moons.

Stoked that we can now all move along in one united clear direction with strong leadership that will not be hampered by constant power struggles.

Get rid of who has to go and then let's look forward to brighter future.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6