Penn's buy out Quantum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle said:
So when are they moving us away from Brookvale ?

Don't worry this is ALL about money, so if they can make more elsewhere they will

bob dylan said:
... this is massive news.

After 4 nations DCE will have stamped himself as games No 1 player.

And he's in the wrong camp, Bye Bye DCE, will be gone instead of Choc

Mark from Brisbane said:
Just got an email from the FC, it's true

God help us all

Mavin said:
Fluffy said:
Like the idea of no infighting, don't like the idea of Perry being under pressure.

He's not under pressure he is gone

Won't last the day!!

Welcome Zorba your new CEO

Why? Penn has been nothing but professional and positive for this club? Again, I don't profess to know any of the inner workings, but this looks like a balancing approach.

Penn is doing very well financially. Check out Quantums numbers on the net. I won't make a statement about those - you can decide.

Gifty is gone, but maybe they now make an effort to let the others go out one club men. Maybe DCE and Choc don't really hate each other. Maybe we roll on like the team that was a bees d.ck from the minor premiership, and with a healthy pack, finish the job. Glass half full is much better than half empty.

Going back to when Des left, guys like Choc made it clear that they didn't like the stuff going on at the top. Maybe this lets everyone get on with footy.

Ryan said:
Why is everyone pissed off at all the infighting, but when measures are taken that could rectify it, people still complain?

Because this wasn't done to stop the in fighting this was done to increase power. The facts are there has been 2 groups 1 group is Penn/Zorba/Des/Stewart group. the other being Quantum/Perry/Toovey/DCE group. Zorba now has the power and he want's Perry gone so Perry will re sign or be sacked and now Toovey has the threat of people running the club who would prefer Des in charge. The in fighting has stopped but it's now time for those in charge to even the score. This also guarantees DCE will leave we keep a busted best day's behind him forward in watmough and lose 1 of the games premier players after this decision.

Shut up Ryan!

(lol)

edit: oh noes....delete button gone.

Who says Des will come back???

If he does....does that mean more premierships heading our way?

Just want manly to win on the field.....leave all the other stuff.....to others (even though I am a member of the mwrlfc)

we shouldn't think this is all doom and gloom, surely?

If I knew it was only 6 mill, I should've bought it!

well, me and Dan

I remember a little blurb in a paper about if the Penn's or someone being in control they'd have Des back in the job 'tomorrow'.

So strange this news. Don't see why Perry should be under pressure apart from him being not liked. Just read SMH article and they say his future is now uncertain. Also mentions the Choc-Stewart-Penn 'alliance'. I hate that something like that exists, if indeed it does.

*IF* they try to bring Gift and Des back say for next year then that's pretty low. Like most of you, i'm not a fan of dodgying out of contracts.

Interesting though, the single ownership model is not supported, maybe a chance for Kaspersky to come in.
End of fighting? good. What the future holds? No idea at all. I just hope people do look to the future instead of the past.

Is this the end of the beginning
Or the beginning of the end????????????????????????

Ryan said:
Why is everyone pissed off at all the infighting, but when measures are taken that could rectify it, people still complain?

Because Ryan the infighting and leaking may stop BUT the bloodletting will be something to behold!!

If anyone thinks this gets us off the the front pages ( like you) they just have rocks in their head.

The dramas have only just begun.

I have just renewed my membership, I now wish I hadn't , and I might now become a supporter rather than a " true supporter" in the years to come.

If Tooves is sacked and Ha$ler comes back, that'll be it for me, that will be an even lower point than when we were the Beagles!!

Will DCE leave? Will Choc leave? Will Des come back? Is Perry gone? Will Zorba become fuhrer?

Can only the people that correctly predicted the buy out answer please.

Didn't Hasler just extend at the Dogs ?

Edit : not that it matters

Wasn't Toovey linked as a future CEO a while ago ?

If only everyone at the club had a film crew following them around 24/7 over the last ten years. Would make great reality TV.

I don't think Penn has been too professional in my books. Maybe for his company but not as a Chairman of Manly.

Never before have we aired our dirty laundry like he did years ago when he dumped on Max Delmege to a media conference to welcome our new sponsor (which happened to be Quantum!).

I'm sure he was the one who could not come up with the necessary dollars in contract negotiations with De$. He was involved in those contract talks up to his eyeballs and couldn't get it done. If he is so desperate to get him back, why let him go when he had the chance to keep him?

As for Toovey, he's a keeper for me. Extremely loyal and passionate as well as a very good coach who's still developing.

Dave Perry is a must and has done a GREAT job in difficult circumstances. In this day and age, making a profit without leagues club backing is huge and yet he did this last year..and seems to almost break even (or does break even) other years.

I'd be FILTHY if they sacked him. That would be politics all over again.

Zorba, keep away.

DCE is our most important player from here on in. Brett was for the last 10 years but now he is 2nd to DCE in importance as far as i'm concerned.

As much as i love watmough, he cant stay. I dont see how this changes his situation.

Be prepared for more games taken away from Brookie. I don't think he'll mive us but i'm sure he'll be looking for another 2 games a year to be played for money somewhere.

I just don't like or trust Penn. Thanks for your $ over the years but i'm wondering at what cost. The leagues club is now a shell thanks to him (& im sure cant survive).

I just hope our football club does't suffer the same fate.

People are talking about a Penn / Watmough / Stewart alliance. First of all, let me say I prefer the owners to support our players.

Secondly, how does that relate to DCE leaving? I bet they support this kid a whole lot as well.

People are suggesting this / that & the other will happen. Why don't we all show some patience, and see what happens before we crucify the club?

Remember, Perry worked about making this club a profit for the first time in a very long time. That's wondeful service. He's COO, no CEO, so financial viability is what he's about, and he gets an A+

Geoff Toovey had us for and against in the minor premiership position. While I whinge about him, he habitually proves me wrong, and obviously is a good coach (damn it all !!). He gets an A+

Mark, I know you love The Eagles mate. You may be angry, but there's no way you will stop being a member - you love our club far too much. All I'm saying, is lets wait 5 minutes before turning our backs on the club, to see how it all pans out.

Breaking down the various silo's can only be positive mate.

Loobs said:
Will DCE leave? Will Choc leave? Will Des come back? Is Perry gone? Will Zorba become fuhrer?

No different to the 10,000 threads about will Choc leave or stay!!

My answers to the above and purely speculation

DCE.....maybe, and I'd now say the chances are higher than they were before.

Choc....probably not, so the $970K will stand for 2015

De$....the chances will be very high, depending on how rock solid his contract is.

Perry....gone by the end of the week, if not sooner

Zorba......yes, he will be like a pig in mud and will prance around like he's a greek god

And you forgot one....Brett Stewart.....with Barry Stewart the new marketing manager he will stay, sadly Gifty will be gone as they just cannot fit him into the cap UNLESS......oh yes go to point one, get rid of a 24 year old superstar and keep a 31 year old broken down former superstar.....so you never know, the Stewart boys might just finish their days together after all.

Ryan said:
People are talking about a Penn / Watmough / Stewart alliance. First of all, let me say I prefer the owners to support our players.

Secondly, how does that relate to DCE leaving? I bet they support this kid a whole lot as well.

People are suggesting this / that & the other will happen. Why don't we all show some patience, and see what happens before we crucify the club?

Remember, Perry worked about making this club a profit for the first time in a very long time. That's wondeful service. He's COO, no CEO, so financial viability is what he's about, and he gets an A+

Geoff Toovey had us for and against in the minor premiership position. While I whinge about him, he habitually proves me wrong, and obviously is a good coach (damn it all !!). He gets an A+

Mark, I know you love The Eagles mate. You may be angry, but there's no way you will stop being a member - you love our club far too much. All I'm saying, is lets wait 5 minutes before turning our backs on the club, to see how it all pans out.

Ryan you clearly don't know about the absolute hatred of Perry by Zorba.

Its what this (for him at least) is ALL ABOUT.....Zorba will be grinning like a Cheshire cat, and will probably deliver the news himself to Perry about 3pm this afternoon.

This is nothing other than a power struggle and to make as much money as they can, which by the way is about moving as many (if not all) games away from Brookvale.

You just wait and see, the bloodletting will be painful and sweeping!!

If the club is going to move on from the factions/hatred of the past, maybe a few supporters need to as well.

Who needs the media to keep up the bitching and fighting when you have all the old arguments surfacing on this site, minutes after the announcement.

Many on this site seem to be very aligned to one side of the story but there is a lot more to it. What concerns me is that the same old innuendos are being peddled. Manly Warringah's comment re Max and Mayer (Not Penn) as to the new Sponsorship was very different to how I observed it - in my opinion it was a smart move to promote the new sponsorship at a time of high publicity and it was the hubris of some who felt that somehow Max was slighted - there are always two sides to every story. (I thought the action was in the best interests of the club but not the best interests of Max. This is the real problem - personalities ahead of best thing for Manly!)

I suggest that we should be circumspect, wait and see what happens and hope that those in control have the best interests at heart for the club.

To speculate who will be sacked, who will be in control, who is pulling the strings is ridiculous and maybe some maturity and Manly solidarity would be best.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Loobs said:

No different to the 10,000 threads about will Choc leave or stay!!

My answers to the above and purely speculation

DCE.....maybe, and I'd now say the chances are higher than they were before.

Choc....probably not, so the $970K will stand for 2015

De$....the chances will be very high, depending on how rock solid his contract is.

Perry....gone by the end of the week, if not sooner

Zorba......yes, he will be like a pig in mud and will prance around like he's a greek god

And you forgot one....Brett Stewart.....with Barry Stewart the new marketing manager he will stay, sadly Gifty will be gone as they just cannot fit him into the cap UNLESS......oh yes go to point one, get rid of a 24 year old superstar and keep a 31 year old broken down former superstar.....so you never know, the Stewart boys might just finish their days together after all.

Ryan said:

Ryan you clearly don't know about the absolute hatred of Perry by Zorba.

Its what this (for him at least) is ALL ABOUT.....Zorba will be grinning like a Cheshire cat, and will probably deliver the news himself to Perry about 3pm this afternoon.

This is nothing other than a power struggle and to make as much money as they can, which by the way is about moving as many (if not all) games away from Brookvale.

You just wait and see, the bloodletting will be painful and sweeping!!

I hope not mate. If it's just about a power struggle, and 6,000,000 is the expected sales price, it's an expensive struggle. You have to admit, investing 6,000,000 in our club is pretty couragous. You couldn't question whoever's looking to invest that much.

6 mill in capital could be invested in so many better things. If we play more out of ANZ or wherever, I dont really mind. I'm a bit over the fight for the delapotated Brooky anyways.

Anyway - I'm waiting until the dust settles.

manlywarringah said:
I don't think Penn has been too professional in my books. Maybe for his company but not as a Chairman of Manly.

Never before have we aired our dirty laundry like he did years ago when he dumped on Max Delmege to a media conference to welcome our new sponsor (which happened to be Quantum!).

I'm sure he was the one who could not come up with the necessary dollars in contract negotiations with De$. He was involved in those contract talks up to his eyeballs and couldn't get it done. If he is so desperate to get him back, why let him go when he had the chance to keep him?

As for Toovey, he's a keeper for me. Extremely loyal and passionate as well as a very good coach who's still developing.

Dave Perry is a must and has done a GREAT job in difficult circumstances. In this day and age, making a profit without leagues club backing is huge and yet he did this last year..and seems to almost break even (or does break even) other years.

I'd be FILTHY if they sacked him. That would be politics all over again.

Zorba, keep away.

DCE is our most important player from here on in. Brett was for the last 10 years but now he is 2nd to DCE in importance as far as i'm concerned.

As much as i love watmough, he cant stay. I dont see how this changes his situation.

Be prepared for more games taken away from Brookie. I don't think he'll mive us but i'm sure he'll be looking for another 2 games a year to be played for money somewhere.

I just don't like or trust Penn. Thanks for your $ over the years but i'm wondering at what cost. The leagues club is now a shell thanks to him (& im sure cant survive).

I just hope our football club does't suffer the same fate.

If what you say here is true, then this buy out would be the worst possible situation for Manly it would seem. I definitely don't want Des back, don't want to lose DCE, and trust in 2V.

this isnt good news is it......

I would have preferred Kaspersky buy them both out.. bring on the russians....

I can just see Penn's offering Souths DCE for Stewart now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4