Penn on Triple M

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Heard an interview this afternoon on Triple M with Scott Penn. Main points from my perspective were:

* There's a long term contract in place with Geoff Toovey and the ownership changes aren't going to affect this. Penn said he's got no idea where the rumours about 2V's future started but they're incorrect.

* He was asked if the ownership changes might affect the rumoured negotiations with Mason and Mateo and he said no. (Did not say anything about them signing.)

* Was asked about retention of players and he said their focus is on re-signing DCE and Foz, as well as the core group of senior players who have been together for 8 years, retaining the young guys and fitting them all under the cap. Its a big challenge but they'll do their best.

* Now they have 90% ownership and less opposition, they have big plans to upgrade Brookie Oval into a stadium.

So Tooves' position is safe, those rumours were BS and I'm looking forward to the future :) Go Manly!

(Sorry I couldn't find a suitable existing thread for this.)

ALinda said:
Heard an interview this afternoon on Triple M with Scott Penn. Main points from my perspective were:

* There's a long term contract in place with Geoff Toovey and the ownership changes aren't going to affect this. Penn said he's got no idea where the rumours about 2V's future started but they're incorrect.

* He was asked if the ownership changes might affect the rumoured negotiations with Mason and Mateo and he said no. (Did not say anything about them signing.)

* Was asked about retention of players and he said their focus is on re-signing DCE and Foz, as well as the core group of senior players who have been together for 8 years, retaining the young guys and fitting them all under the cap. Its a big challenge but they'll do their best.

* Now they have 90% ownership and less opposition, they have big plans to upgrade Brookie Oval into a stadium.

So Tooves' position is safe, those rumours were BS and I'm looking forward to the future :) Go Manly!

(Sorry I couldn't find a suitable existing thread for this.)

That's bloody great news. Thanks for the update.

I thought I'd read that Tooves had resigned until 2017. Great that they will honour that. Even better that the ships are finally sailing in the right direction. This crap has been hurting us since at least 2011 and we've made a GF and just missed a minor premiership. With smooth seas ahead there is no stopping us!

PS: I bet this newfound stability is pissing off Greenturd to no end which is even better!!!

Brookie Brawler said:
So Tooves effectively has the full support of the board then... or 5/7ths of it.

as long as we don't hear that toovey has the full support of the board.
if we do then we know its time for him to look for another job

castle eagle said:
Brookie Brawler said:
So Tooves effectively has the full support of the board then... or 5/7ths of it.

as long as we don't hear that toovey has the full support of the board.
if we do then we know its time for him to look for another job

Yeah except Penn IS the board now

I would assume they are willing to put a large amount of their own money to turn Brookie into a full stadium. Which would then generate a much larger income for the team.

Turn Brookie into a stadium and quash any thoughts Greenturd has of having us play out of the SFS (because problems like time keeping only happen at Brookvale).

Priceless :D

Great news everything has been positive from Scott so far - there will be changes but let's get them done

KaZa said:
The Wheel said:
Zorba on BSB this morning confirmed Tooves will be coaching in 2015

just 2015? or he said it as in he will be there still long term?
rothtool at it again,apparently they want Cleal back,for me no way,what has warwick done wrong,I know there would be a few people wouldnt be happy if this did happen,he hurt a few people before he left with his lies,no for me

I honestly think they will sign Hasler at the end of 2V's contract from all reports the Penns and Hasler got on really well. Time will tell i guess

Now its all about what they do rather than what they say. We have had a decade of speculation about the future of Brooky. Time for it to either happen or make new plans.

The first thing that has to happen is to address the playing staff and clear the air over all the grievances and then draw a line in the sand so that the factions and back biting come to an end.

We also need some positive news about re-signing and retaining the core of what has made us successful.

As we all know when Manly get it right they are an unstoppable force.

Lets move forward and again be the club that everyone fears!

sheridanstand78 said:
The first thing that has to happen is to address the playing staff and clear the air over all the grievances and then draw a line in the sand
The beach would be the perfect venue for this, it has clear air and also sand to draw a line in.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2