Peninsula Trio line up for Fiji

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blunty

Reserve Grader
PENINSULA rugby league trio Aaron Groom, Steven Delaivuna and Suli Koroibulileka have all been named in an 18-man Fiji A squad to face Australian Tertiaries in Sydney on Sunday.

Sea Eagles Jersey Flegg pair Groom and Koroibulileka were both given the nod, while Valley United prop Delaivuna will start in the front row.

A 40-man squad was originally named earlier this month before being trimmed yesterday.

Groom will start at half-back with South Sydney junior Joe Delana his partner in crime at five-eighth. Koroibulileka will come off the bench.

Groom's rise to the brink of international football is a great effort after starting the year with Manly's S.G. Ball squad.

He soon progressed to the Jersey Flegg roster and hopes to continue his good form against the Australian Tertiaries squad on Sunday.

``It will be good to win,'' Groom, 18, said yesterday.

``I just want to play for Fiji.

``It's great to get the opportunity to wear the jersey.''

The Fijians will play four matches next month.

The Australian Tertiaries side have just returned from a four- game tour of Samoa, Tonga and New Zealand.

Kick-off at Mascot Oval on Sunday is at noon.

Admission to the match is $5 for adults with children under 16 free.

I always thought Groom was a kiwi, oh well as long we sign him up long term who cares where he comes from. Thinking about watching this guy, although I only saw him play a few times in Flegg he made the step up so quickly and easily. He was a standout in Flegg after playing SG Ball all year, I reckon he's not far off NRL, like 2007.

no pun intended but i imagine he will be groomed and locked in long term, he will come in straight after orford

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2