penalty was costly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
6-0 up. We looked like fire. Penalty awarded. We kick for goal? Why?

We lose the ball off the kick off they score. Negative play.

Under des we use to take the tap and go for the throat. Big momentum swinger.

Who made the call?

KaZa said:

Who made the call?

What did we win by?

I agree. If you want to win big then you can't be electing for penalty goals when you're on top. A potential 12-0 lead would have been handy against a Broncos team full of youngsters.

Yeah its brilliant we won.. but we were very fortunate.

Kicking for goal at that point when we had the knife at the throat was huge. We looked brilliant in attack and they didnt know what hit them.

Should have kept on with it.

Tooves made the call? or does the captain?

i remember reading an article the other day where wayne bennet stated its not worth a team taking a tap, its more beneficial to take the 2 points.

We did beat the dogs by 2, and w missed a conversion, so it proved handy. likewise we won by 2 and missed a conversion (i relise it was a no pressure conversion)

I understood why we took the 2, but momentum was in our favour, thought we could have scored again

We gave away 4 penalties in the first half and they scored 3 tries off 3 of the 4. Thats where we could've lost the game. But we didn't so SUCK ON IT BRONCOS YOU SOOKS.

Ceagle said:
We won by 2 points, very costly.

Only reason that happened was because they missed their kicks. Dont kid yourself.

Regardless of the score.. i wanted to bring up why we take the goal rather than the tap like we used to in the past few seasons.

Pittwater Legend said:
I agree. If you want to win big then you can't be electing for penalty goals when you're on top. A potential 12-0 lead would have been handy against a Broncos team full of youngsters.

A potential 12 - 0 or a guaranteed 8 - 0

My glass is half full......

Even if we don't score we hold the advantage with regards to territory.

2 points from a penalty goal won't feel so good if you drop the ball from the ensuing set and concede a try.

Geeze hypotheticals. We won a tough game - they seemed to know what they were doing. Tooves seems to be a good coach, we seem like we will touch up most teams when (or if) we get a full compliment on the paddock. Lets enjoy it,

I remember thinking that it was the right call to take the 2.

The game was 10 minutes old and both teams were perfect, other than the perfect opening try.

Tight game, very special game and the Broncos can (expletives deleted!!!)

Taking the points on offer is not a bad thing, two penalty goals is the equivalent of a try. All good. If we are on top we get the ball back and go again, if we make an error so be it. We could have made the same error on tackle 1 and they would be saying we should have taken the 2. I would back a call either way and just live with the result. Move on, nothing to see here guys.

Definite 2 instead of a possible 4 or 6. I can certainly understand why taking the 2 is a good option.

Hey if we took the tap and scored we may have then gone on to score a length of the field try from the ensuing kickoff, thereby putting us up 18 nil. Furthermore we may have scored again from the next kickoff, and if that try was an 8 point try because of a cheap shot from a bronc, we would have been up 26 nil. Game over!

KaZa said:

Who made the call?

I did - and every other sensible Manly fan. Of course it was the right decision. When playing good teams like Brisbane, Storm, Dogs and Illawarra you establish more than a six-point gap.
When you are playing the second-rate sides you'd go for the tap.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7