Penalty Try ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Eagles2nv said:
The refs should have at least given wolfy the opportunity of the video ref. The double movement was borderline, and only really occurred because of the illegal tackle.

In terms of the rule surrounding penalty try, I agree with dan, there was too much doubt to award a penalty try.
Once he blew the penalty he couldn't change the decision to go upstairs

Eagles2nv said:
The refs should have at least given wolfy the opportunity of the video ref. The double movement was borderline, and only really occurred because of the illegal tackle.

In terms of the rule surrounding penalty try, I agree with dan, there was too much doubt to award a penalty try.

Daniel said:
In the process of scoring is a possible 8 point try. A penalty try you have to be certain that he was going to score had the infringement not occurred. In my view had the tackle not been high there is still a little doubt but as a manly fan we were robbed

Never ever going to be an 8 point try.No infringement after the act of scoring.I thought def penalty try,cause ref was willing to a) give penalty,and,b)go upstairs for try ruling.What is the criteria for a penalty try??

The video is looked at when there is stopages for "lay downs".I think they could def look at Wolfies situation.So.if 1 ref says 1 thing,and the other goose (no actual offense to geese) disagrees,what happens????!!!!

Daniel said:
In the process of scoring is a possible 8 point try. A penalty try you have to be certain that he was going to score had the infringement not occurred. In my view had the tackle not been high there is still a little doubt but as a manly fan we were robbed

Never ever going to be an 8 point try.No infringement after the act of scoring.I thought def penalty try,cause ref was willing to a) give penalty,and,b)go upstairs for try ruling.What is the criteria for a penalty try??

The video is looked at when there is stopages for "lay downs".I think they could def look at Wolfies situation.So.if 1 ref says 1 thing,and the other goose (no actual offense to geese) disagrees,what happens????!!!!

ayjay007 said:
Daniel said:

Yep I was just clarifying the rules.
The difference is that when a penalty is blown, the play is essentially dead and only a greater infringement over rules it. So for instance if a penalty is blown for offside and then there is a fight straight after with a 3rd man in

ayjay007 said:
Daniel said:

Yep I was just clarifying the rules.
The difference is that when a penalty is blown, the play is essentially dead and only a greater infringement over rules it. So for instance if a penalty is blown for offside and then there is a fight straight after with a 3rd man in

Daniel said:
Eagles2nv said:

Yes true time for a commonsense rule

Daniel said:
Eagles2nv said:

Yes true time for a commonsense rule

Has anyone watched in again? Fox didnt show much of a replay on grounding.

Jamie Ainscough 1999 close to the same situation = 8pt Try.

Heads should roll over this. Even though we won Toovs should have lost his **** at the presser and if Wolfman DID ground it w/o double movement that useless moron should never referee again.

Has anyone watched in again? Fox didnt show much of a replay on grounding.

Jamie Ainscough 1999 close to the same situation = 8pt Try.

Heads should roll over this. Even though we won Toovs should have lost his **** at the presser and if Wolfman DID ground it w/o double movement that useless moron should never referee again.

Daniel said:
Agreed Dan.

Last week Cartright reaching out to score and Hoffman punches him straight in the nose. Cartright scores anyway - 8 point try.

This exactly parallels what happened to Wolfie. IMO he did score and he was severely infringed in the process. 8 point try.

The ref must be dumped until he can slowly and coolly make the right decisions.

Daniel said:
And that is why the ref needs to be dumped.
And failure to fix the inflexibility of that rule is another reason why Harrigan should be dumped.

Daniel said:
Agreed Dan.

Last week Cartright reaching out to score and Hoffman punches him straight in the nose. Cartright scores anyway - 8 point try.

This exactly parallels what happened to Wolfie. IMO he did score and he was severely infringed in the process. 8 point try.

The ref must be dumped until he can slowly and coolly make the right decisions.

Daniel said:
And that is why the ref needs to be dumped.
And failure to fix the inflexibility of that rule is another reason why Harrigan should be dumped.

Go back to one referee and make Hayne and Archer referee every game because the rest of them are incompetent boobs.

Go back to one referee and make Hayne and Archer referee every game because the rest of them are incompetent boobs.

ayjay007 said:

On this point, why_was_Buhrer getting SNOTTED one on the chin just let go? He got nailed, there was a stoppage as a result: you change that to a Dogs or Tigpies player and it's a penalty for a high shot all day every day.

One of the least competent refereeing displays from EVERY official at the game I've ever witnessed. And the FoolSports commentator saying "nothing in it" ffs!!

ayjay007 said:

On this point, why_was_Buhrer getting SNOTTED one on the chin just let go? He got nailed, there was a stoppage as a result: you change that to a Dogs or Tigpies player and it's a penalty for a high shot all day every day.

One of the least competent refereeing displays from EVERY official at the game I've ever witnessed. And the FoolSports commentator saying "nothing in it" ffs!!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8