Penalty Counts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seeing the influence of the refs yet again tonight

Newcastle get out to 12-0 and all of a sudden Souths get penalty after penalty after penalty and we are at 12-12

Kiwi Eagle said:
Seeing the influence of the refs yet again tonight

Newcastle get out to 12-0 and all of a sudden Souths get penalty after penalty after penalty and we are at 12-12

Tell me about it! What a joke

It is so blatant it is pathetic that the nrl think supporters are too stupid too realise the refs stack games.

Also very concerned about all these cannonball tackles souffs are making, so dangerous

Yeah with the souffs boo crew egging the refs on. Hope Wayne has a rare up in the press conf

Newcastle 12 - 0 then next 6 penalties to Souths. 5 of them were on the last two tackles and all but one discretionary. One came from Newcastle player falling on ball in offside position after catcher had his legs taken out whilst jumping for the ball. Souths scored from next set. Interesting to see how refs try to level it up this half whilst still ensuring Souths get home.

I cant believe the latitude that souths get in the ruck and how little their opposition get

we have seen it against us as well, Souffs are the NRL pick to get to the GF this year.

oh and should we believe some, souffs were almost perfect going into half time with only 1 indiscretion whilst Newcastle were extremely poor in discipline giving away 7 penalties yet in the 2nd half newcastle play almost perfect giving just 1 penalty and souffs change their game plan and decide to give away 400% compared to the 1st half.

yeah farking right............

Ruined the game. Especially when i tipped Knights for the win. Souths seem to be getting a really good run with the refs. It was 7-2 penalty count in the 1st half at Brookie to Souths as well.

Gee the Warriors were so well disciplined in the 2nd half after giving away 8 penalties in the furst half weren't they? Did we even get a penalty in the 2nd 40??

These refs are a disgrace!!!

strone33 said:
Gee the Warriors were so well disciplined in the 2nd half after giving away 8 penalties in the furst half weren't they? Did we even get a penalty in the 2nd 40??

These refs are a disgrace!!!

We got the first penalty in the 2nd half. May have been the only one we got.

Ref's have decided that the fans want to see men in pink shirts yelling moooove and blowing shiny whistles rather than the footy.

RL is a sham. They pinged Manly 4 times at least for inside the 10m when the Warriors were coming out of their own end. Manly got no leg ups at all in return.

That game swung once we got to 12-0 and then the penalties & calls all went the other way.

People will say Manly was off their game but when you have no penalties and no ball you make mistakes & do little when finally do get the ball.

RL is joke & I've had enough. Goodbye.

I stopped watched any other NRL games other than manly games years ago, it became too frustrating. The referees control the outcome as much as the players, in many games.

If you look at how the NFL is officiated, its like night and day when compared to the NRL. The problem is, rugby league's strength lies in the speed of the game and stamina and endurance the players have to maintain this speed for 80 minutes. To officiate it closely enough to take away or largely reduce the human influence of the referees, would slow the game down too much at this stage.

ffs with 15 minutes to go at 12-12 in Warriors half of the field Hurrell played the ball forward & the pinksters just ignored it.

Brissie Kid said:
ffs with 15 minutes to go at 12-12 in Warriors half of the field Hurrell played the ball forward & the pinksters just ignored it.

To be fair I'm sure we got away with one of those in the first half.

Pittwater Legend said:
Brissie Kid said:

To be fair I'm sure we got away with one of those in the first half.

Yep that was after Buhrers snail pace return. Although Buhrer did keep his ball on the ruck, Hurrell didn't

Manly coach Geoff Toovey told NZ Radio Sport that his side struggled to stop the Warriors without the flow of possession due to conceding a number of penalties.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-09/interview-geoff-toovey/4742754

The penalties that the warriors received against them in the first half (10mins) were mainly given close to their line due to them slowing down the play the ball ..the next 6 penalties were mainly for manly being off side ,even one for back chat and they helped the warriors down town very quickly ..was this a case of squaring up the game? As a former referee I can honestly say that thought never entered my mind ..too busy with the game..however in saying that I never had another ref out there with me. This leads me to the conclusion that the two refs today ,Suttor and Cummings are not up to NRL standard and shouldn't be allowed to ref an U/7 game let alone NRL or that they have pre conceived ideas before the game, which is just as bad. If the latter is the case ,are the refs on the take? Players are watched for betting on games, are the refs? The standard of refereeing this season and the penalty counts makes me personally think that some of the men in pink have had a slight wager on games and final four teams

seaeagle10 said:
The penalties that the warriors received against them in the first half (10mins) were mainly given close to their line due to them slowing down the play the ball ..the next 6 penalties were mainly for manly being off side ,even one for back chat and they helped the warriors down town very quickly ..was this a case of squaring up the game? As a former referee I can honestly say that thought never entered my mind ..too busy with the game..however in saying that I never had another ref out there with me. This leads me to the conclusion that the two refs today ,Suttor and Cummings are not up to NRL standard and shouldn't be allowed to ref an U/7 game let alone NRL or that they have pre conceived ideas before the game, which is just as bad. If the latter is the case ,are the refs on the take? Players are watched for betting on games, are the refs? The standard of refereeing this season and the penalty counts makes me personally think that some of the men in pink have had a slight wager on games and final four teams

Ask yourself this: if you wanted to corrupt a match who would you bribe? The team's best players? No, just the referee/s.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6